Bid Manager - Talent Solutions
The Talent Solutions business unit aims to become the pre-eminent global Human Capital transformation partner with a 360° offering along Advisory, Diagnostics & Matching, Re-/Up-skilling and Placements. The Senior Client Advisor role operates as the primary enterprise account leader for Talent Solutions and its respective brands. The role will report to the Director – Global Client Solution Advice.
As a Bid Manager, you will partner with the Global Client Solutions Advice team to provide challenge, insight and direction, as well as to produce high-quality, critical sales documents. Your focus will be primarily on supporting large opportunities for integrated solutions that combined the capability of all brands in Talent Solutions across the advisory, diagnostic, reskilling/upskilling and placement journey. This will include responding to qualified opportunities through the preparation of RFP responses, proposals, and presentations. This includes coordinating inputs, sourcing and sometimes writing content. You will ensure the look and feel as well as the content makes a positive impact with the client. In addition, you are responsible to create and manage content working closely with the product and innovation team translating earlier value proposition concepts into a compelling narrative for our clients including capturing use cases and evidenced approach to our proof points in the market.
- Reports to: Director Client Advisory Strategic Solutions
- Close working relationship: With all Talent Solutions Senior Client Advisors, TAG, SMEs/Solution Leads, Marketing and Sales Enablement as well as wider global Opportunity Management Team.
- Direct reports: None
Location of Position:
- Any location considered with acceptance to the challenges and opportunities of a global role
- Role will be a blend of virtual/home and office based, depending on the location of the candidate
Specifically, in this role you will:
- Project-manage high-value and often global opportunities through the discovery, proposal development, presentation, and follow-up sales processes.
- Collaborates with teams in the location of the opportunity and globally
- Responsible for managing project timelines, ensuring that key milestones are met
- Ensuring the quality of our offers and taking responsibility for the timely realization of milestones in complex customer projects
- Outside of individual deals, the role works closely with colleagues in marketing on the development, standardization, and updating of new sales messaging
- Partnering with the wider organization on special projects and transformational activities
- Driving the creation of the solution and proposal whilst ensuring compliance with customer requirements and highlighting our global value proposition.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience as a professional bid manager – including direct responsibility for the bid management of opportunities, including writing, preparation of materials. We are looking for someone who is comfortable in situations where there is no RFP as well as more formal RFP style deals.
- Business experience in the HR/Business Consulting, Professional Services or HR Technology sectors
- All aspect of complex bid/proposal management in a services environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent design skills, especially using PowerPoint
- Time/priority Management for managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective use of online tools such as MS Teams, Salesforce
- Analytical skills, being able to interpret data and use it effectively with impact
- Adept at distilling complex concepts into compelling visual information and sales messaging
- Stakeholder management – collaborate and influence multiple senior executives
- Ability to focus on the detail whilst not losing sight of the big picture
- Ability to ensure that standards and processes are maintained
- Resourcefulness, creativity and intuitiveness
- Ability to function well in a client focused and deadline-driven environment
- Agile and has a sense of urgency
- Able to work independently
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with Senior Executives
- Understanding of the HR and Recruitment landscape or Coaching and Talent Development industry and solutions, as well as the business issues that drive the use of these services
- Understanding of how technology and innovation is driving change in our industry