Junior Career Consultant
As the market leader in Career Transition (CT), we are focused on developing our delivery model to ensure consistent quality and standards of excellence. To do this, we are looking to expand our team of permanent consultants with a Junior Consultant position, working alongside our delivery team and associate community to ensure candidates are experiencing all benefits of their programmes, and deliver some one to one support and group learning. The purpose of this role is to learn the model, develop skills and transition long term into a full Consultant.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Engagement and Sales teams and ‘virtual only’ candidates to ensure that the service to candidates reflects the contractual guidelines and encouraging programme engagement so that candidates get the maximum benefit from LHH’s offering
- Facilitation of virtual (and live) job search group workshops and Job Search Work Teams
- Delivery of one to one career coaching according to Key Performance Indicators (inc 80% candidate delivery utilisation, quality levels, time to land expectations, Job search work team candidate attendance). All achieved in line with the overall business strategy
- Involvement in the organisation of additional career transition events including networking and Candidate Connect, and other general duties as arise from time to time
- Maintain candidate records effectively and in a timely manner
- Assist with research into, and creation of, new material to continually update and develop our career transition offering to clients and candidates.
- Supporting the Candidates Service and Delivery Team with candidate feedback resolutions.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with evidence of continual professional development relating to coaching, counselling and/or career transition skills.
- Understanding of career transition coaching and techniques including one to one coaching, group facilitation, webinar experience, psychometrics.
- Ability to provide basic career coaching across a broad range of sectors and the ability to engage with broad range of stakeholders at all levels.
- Knowledge of or familiarity with career portals including use of premium databases.
- Ability to demonstrate social media tools, including active use of LinkedIn in order that candidates are using current job search channels.
- Experience of virtual delivery via Zoom, Teams, webinars and teleconferencing.
- Experience of HR, recruitment and/or outplacement services would be beneficial.
- Demonstrable research skills and ability to produce creative career development materials such as workshops and workbooks.
- Experience of working with clients including with career centres.
- Good admin and organisational skills.
- A collaborative approach to working with a large team.
- A positive, energetic focus on making a difference to the candidate’s experience of career transition.
The world of work is changing fast.
Profound changes at profound speed.
But whereas many see change as an existential threat,
a select few see it as an opportunity to make a difference.
An opportunity to deliver lifelong employability to a generation of talent in transition.
An opportunity to develop leaders, recognizing the capabilities needed for today,
while nurturing the expertise needed for the future.
And an opportunity to look beyond what’s right for a company, to what’s right for society as a whole.
And out of the few that see these opportunities, there are even fewer placed to actually deliver them.
At Lee Hecht Harrison, we have the scale, the expertise and the insight, not only to identify these opportunities, but to realize them.
Transforming workforces though career transition, talent development and strategic advisory.
Developing future skills, flexibility and foresight, delivered with a distinctly human heart.
We’re obsessively passionate, and quantifiably effective.
Making a difference to everyone we work with and for. And delivering it on a global scale.
Because opportunities aren’t there to be observed.
They’re there to be taken.
This is LHH.
This is Opportunity, delivered.