Business Developer - Ezra
Director, Business Development - EZRA
Want to join a start-up based within a 50 year old company? Want to disrupt an industry with world-class technology. Want to take that world-class technology and sell it to the world's most admired companies to help them unleash the potential of their people?
Here's the deal: LHH has been in the executive coaching industry for more than 50 years and has the largest and most diverse bench of executive coaches - with the most recognizable brand name. More than a year ago, we started an incubator unit call WorkLifeLabs to create solutions that make work a place people want to be. Our first solution is Ezra (www.helloezra.com). With Ezra, we're taking executive coaching and scaling it to the masses using a sleek technology. Over the past 18 months we've proven the concept, updated the tech, and have sold it to more than 10% of the Fortune 1000.
Now we need to accelerate sales and take advantage of the market opportunity. We're looking for a few sales leader who can help take us there while also maintaining the fast-paced, fun, and innovative culture which has gotten us this far.
Our offer: an aggressive base salary, benefits, 401(k), autonomy to control your own schedule, your own executive coach, and a promise you'll never be bored.
What does an exceptional Director, Business Development do?
The Director, Business Development’s primary responsibility is to profitably build revenues within the assigned sales territory. This will occur through a concentration on both new business development and expanding current client relationships.
- Reports directly to the SVP, Area Sales Director
- Participates regularly in team selling with colleagues and partners, with National Sales and marketing efforts and with Global Project Services, when required.
- Direct Reports: None
Work you’ll do
- Develops overall sales for assigned new business prospects and for revenue growth in current clients. Activities include:
- Analysis of local market opportunity and LHH market share
- Recommendation of strategies for all LHH lines of business
- Implementation planning and execution
- Quarterly review to determine progress
- Works closely with SVP, Area Sales Director SVP, Regional Talent Solutions Director and both the Regional and Global Account Managers in determining total revenue strategy.
- Conducts research to gather competitive data and market trends.
- Ultimate responsibility for meeting assigned revenue and profitability targets across all LHH lines of business.
- Provides regular updates to SVP, ASD with regard to sales activity including client visits, first-in new business meetings, current client updates, ongoing account proposals, win/loss record with details, shopper rates, conversion and engagement rates, pipeline reports and progress toward quarterly and annual revenue and profitability targets.
- Fulfills assigned role and responsibilities in a national account team-sell.
- Coordinates closely with operations team and project services on delivery of local and national client projects.
- Writes proposals, creates and presents winning client presentations, leads RFP response process and follows national pricing guidelines.
- Maintains acceptable levels of account receivables with client and ensure coordination of organized collection efforts through internal and external methods.
- Ensures that marketing activities support sales strategies and priorities.
- Plans and generates measurable ROI for local marketing events, including evaluation of participation, events success and compliance with tracking.
- Increases local awareness of LHH through active participation within the community and industry related organizations.
- Continually seeks professional development opportunities and self-improvement activities.
All About you
- Proven track record in a professional sales environment
- Experience selling career and leadership development a plus
- Demonstrated ability to develop credible relationships with all levels of management
- Organized self-starter who enjoys prospecting and cold calls
- Highly developed presentation and communication skills
- Team player who effectively draws on others in order to maximize the firm’s resources
- Demonstrated basic computer skills with a general understanding of technological sales support techniques
- Active community involvement
The world of work is changing fast.
Profound changes at profound speed.
But whereas many see change as an existential threat,
a select few see it as an opportunity to make a difference.
An opportunity to deliver lifelong employability to a generation of talent in transition.
An opportunity to develop leaders, recognizing the capabilities needed for today,
while nurturing the expertise needed for the future.
And an opportunity to look beyond what’s right for a company, to what’s right for society as a whole.
And out of the few that see these opportunities, there are even fewer placed to actually deliver them.
At Lee Hecht Harrison, we have the scale, the expertise and the insight, not only to identify these opportunities, but to realize them.
Transforming workforces though career transition, talent development and strategic advisory.
Developing future skills, flexibility and foresight, delivered with a distinctly human heart.
We’re obsessively passionate, and quantifiably effective.
Making a difference to everyone we work with and for. And delivering it on a global scale.
Because opportunities aren’t there to be observed.
They’re there to be taken.
This is LHH.
This is Opportunity, delivered.
LHH is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans’ status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information on our Diversity and Inclusion policy, please consult the following link: https://www.lhh.com/us/en/diversity-and-inclusion