Data Warehouse Engineer
Who we are
Ezra delivers the highest quality professional coaching to employees using industry leading app-based technology. We redesigned coaching for the digital age with world class technology enabling quality coaching sessions, seamless user journey and regular reporting like never before.
With 50+ years’ experience delivering world class coaching in 66 countries we’re best placed to drive the coaching revolution. We’re supporting many of the world's leading companies with targeted and highly customised coaching programmes.
At Ezra we use innovative technology to achieve the greatest user experience, but the heart of the service is the quality and diversity of our 2000+ global coaching pool.
Now, everyone can be better with a coach.
Data is core to Ezra, and we are a data driven company, we turn data into information and information into insights to better serve our clients’ coaching needs in this rapidly changing environment. To aid our rapid expansion and support our growing team, we are looking for a strong and enthusiastic Data Warehouse Engineer who would create, support and aggressively drive forward Ezra’s Azure DW. This individual will work in a dynamic, agile environment, leading and implementing our Data Warehouse. This is a great opportunity for an individual to have a tremendous impact on a rapidly scaling business.
- Monitor and create robust ETL processes specifically in the Azure DW using Azure data pipelines, Azure functions, SSIS, SQL, APIs, and industry best practices.
- Troubleshoot ETL process as needed. Ability to identify bugs and apply fixes. Check data sanity and integrity by means of process audits.
- Develop best practices and frameworks for unit, functional and integration tests around data pipelines.
- Ability to analyze and understand data sources and design data models for capturing data and ETL.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change & deep curiosity to learn new tools and technologies and apply them.
- Ability to work with and collaborate across the team and work effectively with others to identify the impact on the company's business processes, other applications, network, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Seek and Embrace Change - Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting the status quo.
- Growth and Development - Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete.
- Ability to work effectively with others who are in remote locations and varying time zones.
- Resourceful creative approach to problem-solving is expected.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work both independently and in project teams
- Motivation to continually learn and take on added responsibilities while maintaining a positive attitude
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing DW schema and business intelligence systems
- 4+ years of experience with MS/Azure SQL, BI and ETL technologies.
- Mastery of SQL, specifically MS SQL Server 2016 and higher.
- Strong hands on experience in Azure data platform including Azure SQL, SSIS and or Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Data Warehouse (Synapse Analytics), Azure Data Lake Storage. Knowledge in Azure Data bricks and Cosmos DB is a plus but not essential.
- Solid understanding of database engineering and design (Relational, De-normalized, Data Lakes, etc.)
- Helping with and during our releases.
- Knowledge of AWS and Azure platforms
- Experience in Software development Cycle.
- Excellent knowledge of ETL Data warehousing, and cloud-based tools
- Strong with SQL development knowledge for Relational Databases
- Business and Technical Analysis skills
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources like API's, JSON and any other databases, Flat-files, Spreadsheets.
- Experience in Data Mapping, XML/JSON, and web service
- Experience gathering business requirements, translating the requirements into technical report requirements, defining functional specs for creating new Pipelines Fact and Dimension table, and collaborating with architects, developers and testers.
- Understanding of data privacy, security and confidentiality principals and best practices
- A bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field or equivalent amount of experience and/or training
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, professional and reliable
- Able to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
What’s in it for you?
- Get your own coach! All of our employees have access to a coach to help them develop and progress in their careers
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Access to online discounts and perks
- Regular team ‘virtual’ socials
...and much more!
Ezra is an equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to having a thriving, diverse team where everyone has a voice and feels able to be themselves. We believe that through valuing our uniqueness and respecting our differences, we can achieve more and that diversity adds to our culture. Attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we serve is essential to us.
Anything for release cycle?