Finance/Accounting Internship – Fall 2021
Finance Internship Fall 2021 (Part-time)
What does an exceptional Finance Intern do?
Join our global team at Lee Hecht Harrison as part of our finance internship program! You will be offered professional challenges, a team-based and respectful professional work environment, and an opportunity to make an immediate impact and gain valuable real-world work experience.
LHH is a leader in Human Resources and Talent Management Consulting. A division of The Adecco Group – the world’s leading HR solutions partner – LHH’s 4,000 coaches and colleagues work with more than 7,000 organizations in over 60 countries around the world. We make a difference to everyone we work with, and we do it on a global scale. We have local expertise, global infrastructure, and industry-leading technology to manage the complexity of critical workforce initiatives and the challenges of transformation. It is why the brands that want the best for their employees’ partner with us.
This is a paid internship position, with an hourly rate that varies, based upon the amount of schooling completed to date. The assignment could be either with our global accounting team or with our global financial planning and analysis team, depending upon experience and interest. At the end of the semester, interns should be prepared to provide a presentation to a group of employees.
The internship will begin in July/August and continue through December. This will be a remote role with the possibility of working in our Maitland, FL corporate as needed. We are anticipating that the hours would be between 15-30 hours per week, which could vary depending upon the manager workload and the student schedule. It would be expected that the work hours be set with a firm schedule, depending upon semester coursework, so assignments could be completed within this set schedule. We will consider more hours and/or extend the internship into another semester, depending upon the workload and individual intern performance.
(This internship is eligible for part-time Associate benefits and 401K)
- Assignments will involve hands on, actual work in either the Accounting, Audit or Financial Planning & Analysis team.
- Accounting: Prepare various journal entries to clear balance sheet issues, re-classifications, and adjustments; Assist with account analysis and general ledger reconciliations
- Financial Planning & Analysis: Interpret & analyze key performance indicators (financial & non-financial); Help build financial models to assess future outcomes, leveraging data to identify patterns
- Financial Audit: Provide support to internal compliance audit and or assessment, Adecco internal audit and or external finance audits for all LHH countries.
- Heavy Excel spreadsheet analysis
- Clerical duties such as data entry, scanning and filing
- Special projects, as assigned
At LHH, we believe great people make a great organization. For this internship, we seek students who meet the below requirements:
- Accounting majors who have completed at least their sophomore year
- Advanced Excel skills, must be able to prepare spreadsheet analysis from the beginning and be comfortable with large, complex files
- Must be a team player with good communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of management
- A proactive thinker and problem solver
- Reliable and accurate analysis and reporting
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Effective time management, commitment to completing projects on time, and possess an open mindset
- Enjoy working with data and interacting with others
- Eager and interested to learn, and demonstrate the ability to adapt
- Display positive attitude and professionalism
The world of work is changing fast.
Profound changes at profound speed.
But whereas many see change as an existential threat,
a select few see it as an opportunity to make a difference.
An opportunity to deliver lifelong employability to a generation of talent in transition.
An opportunity to develop leaders, recognizing the capabilities needed for today,
while nurturing the expertise needed for the future.
And an opportunity to look beyond what’s right for a company, to what’s right for society as a whole.
And out of the few that see these opportunities, there are even fewer placed to actually deliver them.
At Lee Hecht Harrison, we have the scale, the expertise and the insight, not only to identify these opportunities, but to realize them.
Transforming workforces though career transition, talent development and strategic advisory.
Developing future skills, flexibility and foresight, delivered with a distinctly human heart.
We’re obsessively passionate, and quantifiably effective.
Making a difference to everyone we work with and for. And delivering it on a global scale.
Because opportunities aren’t there to be observed.
They’re there to be taken.
This is LHH.
This is Opportunity, delivered.
LHH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans’ status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information on our Diversity and Inclusion policy, please consult the following link: https://www.lhh.com/us/en/diversity-and-inclusion