Manager, Portfolio Research & Analytics
We Are Lexia Learning
We are Lexia Learning, a Rosetta Stone company. As one of the best-known and most highly respected reading-technology companies in the world, we are dedicated to empowering literacy educators and students through personalized learning and adaptive assessment. Lexia currently helps over 2.5 million K–12 students learn to read and we are looking for passionate, talented individuals to join our mission driven team.
We Are Education & Research
We are looking to hire a Manager of Portfolio Research & Analytics to expand the company’s research capacity by driving the product research agenda across Lexia’s portfolio of programs and communicating results to various stakeholder audiences. The Manager will both conduct research and analysis as well as supervise a team of researchers.
Impact you'll have
In this role, you will work with the leadership of the Research & Analytics department and other stakeholders across Lexia to determine the highest priority projects that will inform new program development and identify areas for product improvement. You will be responsible for the design and end-to-end execution of custom quantitative and qualitative analyses to provide insights and recommendations to internal teams. Deliverables may range from research reports from pilot sites to analyzing patterns in product usage or outcomes based on stakeholder inquiries.
This role will:
- Manage team of researchers and foster a spirit of teamwork that supports diversity, cohesiveness, and support.
- Be accountable for both the management and execution of team research initiatives, ensuring that each project meets the needs of stakeholders, is completed on schedule, and that the results are error-free.
- Provide deep technical expertise on research design, analysis, interpretation, and communication to team.
- Work collaboratively with various business units (e.g., Product Management, Product Marketing, Curriculum & Assessment, and Development) and Department leadership to determine the research priorities for the team.
- Be responsible for the documentation and dissemination of research findings in a variety of settings, for a variety of audiences.
- Collaborate closely with Department leadership team to identify strategic ways in which team members can collaborate and consult on a variety of product, efficacy, and evaluation research projects to ensure cross-team functionality.
- Building capacity of researchers to customize and create powerful, sustainable and user-friendly dashboards, reports and analyses to drive data-driven decision-making across the company.
- Work with and coordinate multiple data sources while integrating advanced data sets into Tableau using primarily a SQL database.
- Coordinate and/or execute complex data pulls as needed.
- Complete ad hoc data analysis requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Use data and insights to understand how Lexia’s portfolio of products is working.
What we're looking for
The successful candidate will have demonstrable expertise in designing and executing a variety of complex analyses and using the results to drive program improvement.
- A degree in educational research, statistics, data science, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience designing and executing research, analytics, and/or evaluation using various methodologies and analytic techniques.
- Demonstrated experience leading and growing a high-performing team of professionals.
- Experience communicating complicated research findings to a variety of audiences, including proven capacity in developing written materials that clearly communicates research in a way that is actionable for non-technical audiences.
- Sufficient expertise with large, complex educational databases and statistical analysis software to provide technical guidance to team.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with SQL.
- Skilled in building data visualizations using Tableau with disparate data sources that lead to business insights and marketing optimizations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate business challenges/needs into research questions.
Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.