Job title Associate Director
Based London HQ
To help continue the dynamic growth trajectory of TEAM LEWIS, we are expanding our growing senior consultant team with the appointment of an Associate Director to help lead the strategic and operational development of the business. The focus is on continuing to evolve the services and creative capabilities we offer. With an international mindset and approach, the Associate Director will advise and consult with clients, working with colleagues across the TEAM LEWIS network.
This is an opportunity that will suit an ambitious professional who relishes the chance to operate as a consultant and expert in their field. With an entrepreneurial mindset you will thrive on challenges and working in a fast paced, client service environment. With a creative spirit, you will also understand how to best apply this to expanding client briefs and applying a campaign mindset .
About TEAM LEWIS
We are an independent integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Our success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, PRovoke Media, ICCO, European Excellence, PRCA Digital, Digital Impact, Global Digital Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The Associate Director is a senior lead and sponsor on key clients led out of our London HQ. The role will provide added-value strategic creative consultancy with a specific focus on campaigns and multi-channel content. Our goal is to drive the highest levels of consultancy, problem solving and client servicing that retains and grows profitable clients.
The Associate Director will play a significant role on new business pitches and onboarding wins. They will drive cascading of business across the network and forge strong relationships with international colleagues.
As a member of the UK senior team, the Associate Director is an active contributor to the success of the business and will champion a collaborative, positive culture. Providing leadership and hands-on development of our people are important in this role.
- As a senior leader, provide strategic counsel to help retain and grow clients, ensuring excellent and profitable service and delivery of results
- Promote an integrated communications and storytelling mindset to deliver a cohesive service offering to clients
- Ensure excellent client communication and instil accountability for defining KPIs and service agreements
- Identify and secure upsell/cross sell opportunities with clients, plus client and services cascade opportunities across the network
- Ensure growth in client revenues, reviewing account profitability, taking action as required, and driving plans for optimising revenues
- Contribute to the new business programme and marketing activity; support the marketing team in promoting TEAM LEWIS as a creative leader
- Contribute to credentials and pitches for prospects, helping to develop the strategic insight, messaging and creative concepts
- Help build, retain and develop a high-caliber and motivated team – inspire and nurture a first-class culture in which people can thrive and grow professionally and personally
- Manage and motivate direct reports, setting and reviewing goals; work to maximise strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development
- Be involved in employee communications, contributing at office meetings and socials
- Overall, be a collaborative, encouraging, supportive member of the agency’s senior team.
You are an expert in devising strategic content and storytelling solutions for clients and aren’t afraid to break new ground to lead progress. Mission-focused, you relish exceeding goals and making a positive impact. You have experience of running and developing client servicing teams. Your business acumen is strong and you have an impressive track record of retaining and growing clients. Considered, assertive and influential, you are a charismatic leader with the aptitude to coach and motivate teams. You set an excellent example, being dynamic and self-driven. With rounded communications experience you are comfortable talking about integrated marketing solutions involving creative, digital, demand generation, media, reputation management. You relish business challenges and thrive on an international remit.
- Strong knowledge of the industry, emerging trends and technologies, using this to inform strategy, direction and investment
- Good understanding of integrated communications; agency experience integrating PR with digital marketing, content and broader marketing activities
- Experience in b2b; experience in the tech sector would be helpful
- Led and grown significant clients
- Successful commercial management
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of consistently making good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience and judgment
- Excel at leading bright, creative and ambitious people; a collaborative teamworker who is able to instil accountability and empower people to succeed
- Knowledge of finance, operational/information systems, HR
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to problem solve, project manage and multi-task. Will take charge of a situation and act
- Integrity, humility, self-drive/initiative – and a sense of humour!
Key internal contacts and stakeholders
- UK MD
- Head of PR, UK
- Directors and Associate Directors (London and the network)
- International Client Engagement Director (London)
- Chief of Staff (London)
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
TEAM LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that TEAM LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.
#LI-hybrid London, United Kingdom