Job title Senior Copywriter
Reporting to Ben Lawrence (Director & Content Strategist)
LEWIS is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The Senior Copywriter is a key member of the content hub, which is postioned to deliver excellent pieces of copy across the agency with an integrated approach. This individual will drive best practice across the agency, pushing the boundaries of creative and innovative story telling. At its core, they will be fundamental in developing and delivering the client’s brand narrative. The successful applicant will act as an internal content evagalist, a client facing consultant, brand journalist and contributor to the business. Writing, producing, editing and campaign planning are integral skills for this role.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Act as an account resource to draft short and long form content for clients and for internal purposes
- Bylines (contributed articles), thought Leadership articles, White Papers, reports, press releases, blog posts, case studies, infographic copy, social media posts and more
- Provides support, advice and creative thinking regarding content and campaigns on an on-going basis
- Build knowledge of business, technology, consumer and mainstream trends to inform the direction of the content and provide context within writing style
- Develop strategic viewpoint on content focus, to act as a content strategist for internal and external stakeholders
Team working and development
- Works with account teams to execute on content strategies for each campaign, working closely with clients, account leads and other content stakeholders
- Works cross-functionally with other teams to develop impactful and cohesive content for each client online and in traditional media outlets
- Works to train graduate employees on best practices for writing and reporting
LEWIS are looking for a creative, innovative and ambitious Senior Copywriter from a strong copy background. We are looking for someone with impeccable attention to detail and that can work towards tight deadlines in a busy and fast paced environment. You will have the ability to transform your creative ideas through your story-telling.
- Proven ability in writing, editing and proofreading digital and print content
- Understanding of traditional and social media, and current affairs and trends
- Experience dealing with editors, bloggers and online influencers
- Collaborative, articulate thinker with the ability to take creative direction under pressure
- Creative thinking and independent problem solving
- Time management and organisation
- Acute attention to detail
- Journalism experience is a plus
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.