Job title Videographer
Based London HQ
Reporting to Creative Director
LEWIS is keen to appoint an experienced Videographer with a passion for innovation. Video is a key component of our integrated marketing services offer. The role will drive the development of our video capabilities in line with growing client and internal demand. Reporting to the Creative Director, the Videographer will work with the wider Creative Services team in the UK, and collaborate with creative and video colleagues across the global network.
This is an opportunity that will suit an ambitious professional who relishes the chance to help grow a business, thrives on challenges and working in a fast paced international environment. With a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you understand how to best apply this spirit to a growing independent global organisation.
The company is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The Videographer’s main focus will be capturing and powerfully bringing to life strategic insights, brand messaging and proposition, creative ideas and concepts. The role will help the evolution of innovative storytelling at LEWIS.
Filming will include brand videos, product videos, corporate videos, interviews, case studies, events and showreels. Animation will include kinetic typography, motion graphics, title animation, 2D animation. Creative thinking and skills, technical knowledge and strong organisational ability are important in this role.
Dependent on client and new business needs, the Videographer may also be involved with EMEA-led clients, as well as with network-wide assignments.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Review and recommend the range of services that should be offered, advising on equipment required, resources needed, rate card, etc
- Educate the account servicing teams on when and how to sell these services to clients
- Develop ideas for creative use of video and partner with account teams to pitch video work to clients
- Provide guidance and recommend solutions on emerging video technologies, such as 360 video, virtual reality and augmented reality
- Script and film internal videos for corporate updates, house marketing, recruitment, events, etc
- Script and film client videos in accordance with project briefs and for new business pitches
- Set up lighting and audio equipment for shoots
- Handle pre and post production editing (various formats); add 2D post production effects as required
- Manage video projects from conception to delivery, including production timetables and costings; ensure workflow is logical and structured, delivering to deadline
- Bring a high level of quality control to ensure that everything that is produced under the LEWIS name is striking, creative and professional
- Interview and recruit key hires as required, helping to resource from your network
- Overall, be a collaborative, encouraging, supportive member of the UK team.
You have experience of working at a management level in a video unit in a digital, marketing, brand or PR agency, producing a variety of videos on a range of topics. You are ever curious, passionate and constantly strive to produce exceptional work. You are driven to continue learning about your chosen field to enhance and expand the work that you can produce. Inherently collaborative, you engage your colleagues to achieve success for employees, clients and the business. High energy and dedicated, you are able to work at speed and deliver to tight deadlines. Experience of working in a fast-paced and changeable environment is essential.
- Understanding of digital media techniques, videos, formats and compressions
- Adobe Creative Cloud software including editing and animating in Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects is crucial; 3D animation (Cinema 4D) is a bonus
- Experience in filming various styles of video, producing animation and combining the two
- Professional editing experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work with a client (internal and external) to develop a concept and a script/storyboard
- Ability to source venues, talent and additional crew when appropriate
- Prepared to travel to client locations, conferences and events for filming
- Excellent time management and organisational skills: proven track record of meeting deadlines and budgets
- Ability to problem solve, project manage and multi-task
- A passion for video that extends to researching and staying at the cutting edge of video/filming techniques and trends; connected within the creative community
- Integrity, humility, self-drive/initiative – and a sense of humour!
Key senior contacts
- Creative Director, UK – line manager
- Head of Innovation, UK
- Head of PR, UK
- Head of Digital, UK
- Video Manager, US (San Diego)
- International Client Engagement Director (London)
- CEO (London/San Diego)
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.