The company is an integrated creative marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Digital Impact, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The Content Manager is a key member of the content hub, which is positioned to develop an integrated approach to all forms of content across the agency. The Content Manager will drive best practice across the agency, pushing the boundaries of creative and innovative story telling. At its core, it will be fundamental in delivering the client’s brand and messages. The role, will act as an internal content evangelist, a client facing consultant, brand journalist and contributor to the business. Writing, producing, editing and campaign planning are integral skills for this role.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Act as an account resource to draft short and long form content for clients and for internal purposes
- Provides support, advice and creative thinking regarding content and campaigns on an on-going basis
- Build knowledge of business, technology, consumer and mainstream trends to inform the direction of the content and provide context within writing style
- Develop strategic viewpoint on content focus, to act as a content strategist for internal and external stakeholders
Team working and development
- Works with account teams to execute on content strategies for each campaign, working closely with clients, account leads and other content stakeholders
- Works cross-functionally with other teams to develop impactful and cohesive content for each client online and in traditional media outlets
- Writes compelling content in a variety of forms, including contributed articles (bylines), press releases, Q&As, blog posts, white papers, case studies, infographics, social media posts and more
- Works to train graduate employees on best practices for writing and reporting
- Understands client’s business goals, and translates their needs into deliverables and actions
- Interviews and develops relationships with key spokespeople, the clients’ customers and partners, and other subject-matter experts
- Identifies creative opportunities within existing accounts, and approach problems from different perspectives
- Participates in client events to gather information for upcoming content projects
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with clients, establishing self and LEWIS as an invaluable long-term partner
- Works closely with the client and LEWIS account teams to identify new opportunities
- Attends agency and industry events to network, build relationships and spread the word around LEWIS’ content offerings.
- Work with teams on developing editorial and content strategies for new business proposals
- Participating in new business meetings to pitch content services and work with perspective new clients to develop content ideas and strategies
- Supports the Content and Account Servicing team on initiatives and projects
- Regularly attends LEWIS training sessions and press briefings to enhance skills and develop knowledge
- Day-to-day, ad hoc and project administrative duties
- Proven ability in writing, editing and proofreading digital and print content
- Understanding of traditional and social media, and current affairs and technology trends
- Experience dealing with editors, bloggers and online influencers
- Collaborative, articulate thinker with the ability to take creative direction under pressure
- Calmness under pressure and ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Creative thinking and independent problem solving
- Time management and organization
- Acute attention to detail
- Positive, constructive attitude
- Polished and professional appearance
- Experience working with digital marketing tools such as Sysomos, Trackrr, Google Analytics, Cision, IT Database, Marketo and Eloqua a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably with an English, PR, Journalism or marketing-related major)
- At least three years of PR and / or digital marketing experience
- Journalism experience is a plus.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.