As part of its growth strategy, TEAM LEWIS is seeking a Director of Brand to work with its consumer and B2B clients in Hong Kong and Greater China. The Director, Brand, will help teams think broadly about creativity, client brand narratives and positioning with the aim of delivering impactful campaigns and content for our clients. This hire reflects the ongoing strategic importance the agency places on creative.
This opportunity will suit an ambitious, entrepreneurially minded professional who relishes the chance to help grow a business and practice area and thrives on challenges and on working in a fast-paced, international environment.
About TEAM LEWIS
The company is an integrated creative marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Digital Impact, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The Director, Brand, will work within our integrated marketing and communications teams to create unique and compelling consumer and B2B campaigns that span across all platforms, resonate with consumers and drive meaningful results. This hire will work with account teams to help set the overall vision, develop brilliant ideas, and bring them to life; while working closely with clients and colleagues to understand and interpret their challenges. Our ideal candidate is a skilled storyteller, natural collaborator and brilliant presenter, with a focus on distilling complex B2B topics into compelling narratives.
The Director of Brand will report to the GM of Hong Kong and will help to ensure the evolution of innovative storytelling at TEAM LEWIS, for existing clients, new business and our cause initiatives.
The role will primarily focus on Hong Kong but, depending on client and new business needs, could involve regional opportunities as well as internal initiatives. They will be expected to collaborate with other creative professionals across the network, conceiving and delivering creative ideas and concepts for new business RFIs, credentials, pitches and client programs/campaigns.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Works with the GM Hong Kong to expand content offerings for clients and the agency
- Collaborates with account teams and drives the strategy behind the development of creative campaigns
- Works with the key agency stakeholders (digital, PR and creative directors) to improve the overall creative thinking, ideas and output
- Takes the lead on storytelling/brand initiatives for clients, including re-brands, product launches, tentpole campaigns and more
- Works with the team to bring campaign ideas to life; leads brainstorms for internal teams
- Approaches problems with a creative mindset to provide clients a different POV to their challenges; creates strategic and creative insights for use in brainstorming
- Owns the full integrated campaign planning, from the creative brief to research and development to execution of long from content, and supports the account teams with tactical roll out
- Identifies and executes content in new mediums for client storytelling, including video, podcasts, ebooks and more
- Ensures storytelling efforts are rooted in research and the client’s customer journey; leverages agency tools to the benefit of clients (i.e. insights on audience conversations, touch points, sentiment, etc.)
- Pushes the boundaries of what is possible and inspires creative excellence
- Promotes continuous creative improvement and a culture of innovation, excellence, accountability and commitment to storytelling
- Point of contact for agency team members to help brainstorm big ideas for their charitable efforts
- Is a mentor to junior staff in the creative process and in corresponding content development (briefs, tactical execution, etc.)
- Helps steer ideas into action, through strategic planning and execution
- Works on the creative elements of the RFP response whether in ideation or content production
- Supports RFIs, credentials and pitches for clients, collaboratively developing strategic insight, messaging and concepts and/or overarching narrative(s)
- Capitalizes on the unique selling points of TEAM LEWIS and is able to leverage these against competitor offerings
- Promotes TEAM LEWIS externally through speaking engagements, articles and blogs on topics relating to creativity
- Works strategically with clients, providing added-value insight and counsel on content, brand positioning, storytelling and more
- Works with account teams, creative teams and clients during the planning phases of projects to ensure best possible solutions
Team working and development
- Empowers the content team to push the boundaries when it comes to storytelling in their day-to-day content deliverables
- Acts as a respected line manager, working closely with direct reports to maximize strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development
- Works with the HR team to reward, retain and develop the team and resolve any performance issues, offering suggestions and improvements for the benefit of the wider local team
- Runs and supports training sessions, with the aim of expanding team skills
- Supports the HR/Talent team by promoting, both internally and externally, opportunities at TEAM LEWIS across social media and via the referral scheme
- Takes a proactive role in promoting the TEAM LEWIS brand, its identity, values and work.
- Fluent in English and Cantonese, Mandarin also desirable
- Visionary leadership and the ability to build an inspired culture; passionate about breaking new ground to lead progress
- Considered, assertive and influential; a strong leader with the skills and aptitude to motivate and develop an ambitious team of diverse creatives
- Expert in developing and defining B2B corporate narratives; refining campaigns from creation through development and execution.
- 5+ years of experience working on brand, narrative, PR and/or digital. Agency experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to lead the creative and content process from conceptualisation to execution, translating ideas across multiple platforms
- Strong, strategic client consultancy skills
- Track record of building deep and long-lasting collaborative relationships with critical stakeholders
- Demonstrable success at winning new business and increasing client revenues
- Ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements; and meet deadlines
- Skilled writer, both in short and long form
- Strong knowledge of the industry, emerging trends and technologies, using this to inform strategy, direction and investment
- Up to date knowledge trends, research methodologies, principles and practices and tools
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
TEAM LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that TEAM LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.