Long form Copywriter
Job title Copywriter (long-form)
Based London HQ
Reporting to Director and Content Strategist
TEAM LEWIS believes in the power of engaging copy. It sits at the heart of everything we do. Crucially, our clients feel the same way. They recognise the importance of great storytelling and the fine art of wordsmithery. The importance in finding the right words to get their voice heard and their uniqueness understood.
All of this presents a challenge. Our clients can’t get enough of our copy. Put simply, they want more. It’s a nice problem for us to have and, as a result, we’re looking for a talented and passionate copywriter to join our London team.
About TEAM LEWIS
TEAM LEWIS is an integrated marketing communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, PRovke, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The long-form Copywriter is an important member of the creative team tasked with writing excellent content across the agency. They will work with colleagues and clients to create and deliver original and compelling content strategies. With a passion for writing exceptional copy, they will drive best practice across the agency, pushing the boundaries of creative and innovative storytelling to help clients stand out from the crowd.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Long form content creation – bylines, blogs, reports and white papers
- Provide support, advice and creative thinking regarding content strategies and campaigns
- Build knowledge of clients needs, imperatives and business trends
- Work with account teams to execute on content strategies, working closely with account leads, clients and other content stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to develop impactful and cohesive content for online and in traditional media outlets
- Identify creative opportunities within existing accounts and participate in client events to gather information for upcoming content projects
- Work with teams on developing editorial and content strategies for new business proposals.
You are an ambitious individual who takes pride in writing compelling copy. You find creative ways to align brand messages with both industry and broader global trends. You take complex subjects and make them easy to understand, without dumbing them down. You adapt your writing style to capture the personality of the client spokesperson or the business tone of voice whilst also understanding the audience. Above all, you love writing.
- Proven ability in writing, editing and proofreading digital and print content
- Understanding of traditional and social media, and current affairs and trends
- Collaborative, articulate thinker with the ability to take creative direction
- Creative thinking and independent problem solving; “can do” attitude
- Time management and organisational skills with the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Acute attention to detail
- Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic environment would be helpful.
Key internal contacts
- Director and Content Strategist – line manager
- London and EMEA client leads
- Executive Creative Director (London) and UK Creative Director
- Senior Marketing and Communications Manager, EMEA (London)
- International Client Engagement Director (London)
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
TEAM LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that TEAM LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.