Marketing Automation/Operations Manager
The company is an integrated creative marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Digital Impact, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
About this role
The Manager, Marketing Automation/Operations will be responsible for overseeing full funnel, multi-touch marketing activations across major accounts in the US, including global accounts. Acting as the Marketing Automation/Operations lead, you will provide strategic planning, guidance, and oversight of all deliverables as needed – including developing and implementing full funnel marketing campaigns that utilize marketing automation platforms, paid social, SEO, SEM, display and creative.
You will be responsible for identifying client campaign goals and objectives, translating those into relevant strategic plans, and enabling team members to execute across a variety of mediums. This includes development and implementation of consistent reporting/analytics frameworks that leverage automation for first touch/last touch and multi-touch attribution models to ensure client success. This is a hands on role, with significant opportunity to evangelize the use of marketing automation to drive client success, cross-train and grow team members across the US Digital and integrated teams and with clients.
This individual can be located in any of our US offices, working with teams in the US and global LEWIS network. Some travel in the US region will be required, with potential opportunity for global travel once it is safe to do so.
You are an ambitious Marketing Automation/Operations pro, who relishes in the opportunity to grow and share your craft. You have a proven track record of success in a client-facing agency or in-house position with proven experience in Marketo, Pardot, Hubspot or Salesforce (Marketo required). Your approach is collaborative, creative and open-minded. You enjoy seeing campaigns progress from a nugget of an idea to clear ROI for the client. Curiosity drives you to keep a diligent eye on what’s coming next in the MarTech space, and you fearlessly champion innovation with both internal and external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Play a lead role in the development and implementation of full funnel marketing campaigns that deliver engagement, conversation and most importantly growth for key clients and client accounts
- Contribute and provide counsel on key client accounts to design, deliver and implement marketing campaigns across email marketing, lead nurture, ABM programs, data management and A/B testing
- Drive marketing database strategy: analyze gaps in client data, contact acquisition strategy, practices that ensure data quality and measure/maintain database hygiene
- These campaigns should support the clients’ aim to acquire and nurture leads that drive awareness, consideration, and purchase intent across all channels including email, events, partners, paid programs and website properties
- Draws on a strong experience with MarTech stack (i.e. Salesforce, Marketo, Pardot) to counsel and evangelize use-cases with clients, and train colleagues and direct report(s) further in this area
- Continually work to simplify systems and processes, avoiding customization bloat and over-engineered processes.
- Provides feedback and best practice guidance around creative content to digital marketing and content team members
- Coaches junior staff on campaign development, management, optimization, and reporting
- Keeps abreast of digital marketing trends, maintains close relationships with vendor representatives, and proactively shares knowledge with the full team
- Proven ability to recommend and implement account-based marketing campaigns
- Supports in business development efforts with existing and prospective clients, acting as Marketing Automation/Operations subject matter expert
Reporting, analysis, and optimization
- Develops insightful reports on all activities in order to demonstrate ROI, program impact, and alignment to clients’ business objectives
- Actively monitor, analyze and report on the health of marketing contribution to pipeline, program ROI, customer acquisition and penetration, contact acquisition, and campaign activity and results.
- Define ‘metrics that matter’ and manage the process to package these measurements into dashboards and reports to measure performance of the marketing team.
- Educates client contacts on the value and measurement of Demand Generation efforts, elevating report content to language appropriate for senior (VP+) stakeholders
- Refines agency methodologies for analyzing and measuring demand generation campaigns
- Draws on a strong familiarity with lead scoring, attribution, and conversion tracking to uplevel campaigns
- Communicates account performance internally, providing detailed updates on client progress to line manager and senior management team on request
Team working and development
- Strong project management skills with ability to “roll up your sleeves” and execute when needed (including content development, cross-team project management, reporting, etc.)
- Defines client objectives and sets standards of excellence for all client activity, driving commitment across all levels of the team
- Supports leadership with responsibility for your direct teams, including coaching, supervision, assessment and reviews of direct reports
- Plays a meaningful role in the new business process as an active member on pitch teams, delivering credible solutions to new business challenges with a slant on digital marketing opportunities and campaigns
- Guides and coaches colleagues on how to best manage demand generation campaigns
- Acts as a respected line manager, working closely with line reports to maximize strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development.
- Opportunity to build out Marketing Automation/Operations practice area further at LEWIS in the US.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with clients, establishing self and LEWIS as an invaluable long-term partner for marketing automation and demand generation services
- Regularly offers strategic counsel to clients and team members regarding strategy, tactics, and new business opportunities (including across existing accounts)
- Ensures deadlines and service agreements are met consistently across internal teams; accurately communicates and ensures delivery of services to client
- Supports agency initiatives and projects concerning marketing automation
- Takes a proactive role in promoting the LEWIS brand, its work, identity and values
- Supports the HR / talent team by promoting both internal and external opportunities at LEWIS across social media and via the referral program
- Contributes and supports the continuous improvement of systems, practices and policies
- Drives financial process, including invoice approvals, budget management and reconciliation, and vendor insertion order process
- Strong communication of work loads, progress, business development and support needs to ensure sustainable success in role
- Expert knowledge of marketing automation (Marketo, Pardot, Hubspot – Marketo required) with a background in supporting complex marketing automation implementation
- Experience with additional MarTech tools like LeanData, Terminus, Outreach, etc. a plus
- Strong project management skills with an ability to plan, prioritize, and delegate
- Ability to provide data-driven strategies and recommendations in client-facing situations
- Acute attention to detail, comfortable managing and analyzing data to reach actionable insights
- Self-motivated, ability to work autonomously
- Ability to interact confidently with clients at a senior level
- Ability to troubleshoot team and client problem areas, and suggest a course of action
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven competency in managing a varied workload
Key Senior Internal Contacts
- Managing Director, Digital (New York) – Line manager
- VP, Digital (New York) – close working relationship
- Managing Director, Strategic Integrated Accounts (San Francisco) – close working relationship
- VP, Digital (San Francisco)
- SVP, Digital (San Diego)
- SVP, Digital (Boston)
Remuneration and benefits
- Basic salary dependent on experience
- Performance related bonus
- 20 days’ vacation per year
- Health insurance; life insurance
- 401k with 2% employer match (eligible after 30 days of employment)
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.