Senior Account Manager
Job title Senior Account Manager (b2b Tech)
This is an opportunity that will suit an ambitious professional who relishes the chance to help grow a business, thrives on challenges and working in a fast-paced international environment. With a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you understand how to best apply this spirit to a growing independent global organisation.
The company is an integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The Senior Account Manager owns the client relationship. They are responsible for meeting client expectations and ensuring the client is kept fully up to date with critical activity on the account. In addition, they are responsible for developing that relationship by identifying and selling additional services. The Senior Account Manager takes the lead in maintaining key media relationships on behalf of all clients, leads outreach for campaigns and oversees the integration of social media activity into campaigns. This person is also responsible for managing a team, coaching junior members of staff, ensuring individuals have the right skills, and that the team works together effectively.
- Oversees and maintains a consultative relationship with the client, acting as a contact and partner for all marketing and communications services
- Define deadlines and service agreements whilst ensuring these are met consistently by the team
- Works with the management team to ensure account profitability and effective budgeting
- Plays an integral role in the new business process, taking an instrumental role in generating content and presentation preparation, in addition to attendance
- Builds, maintains and develops robust relationships with journalists, bloggers, influencers and analysts across national, trade and vertical media channels
- Utilises network to create and maximise client coverage, advising on potential opportunities
- Guides the team on formulating rapid response to breaking news on behalf of clients, reacting quickly to emerging stories in line with client profiles
- Oversees and provides content creation for campaigns and projects including press releases, articles, blog entries, and other written material
- Drafts - and oversees the drafting of - a broad range of written materials including biographies, briefing documents, media alerts, soundbites, Q&As, backgrounders and boilerplates, ensuring a consistent level of high quality content
- Uses social media platforms to expand own network, develop media relationships and positively impact client results
- Pitches additional digital content including infographics, animations and video to support written content and client aims
- Acts as a respected line manager, working closely with line reports to maximise strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development
- Sets team objectives on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Monitors team activity levels against budget, increasing and decreasing individuals allocation where necessary
- Provides guidance to colleagues on how to best manage campaigns, including answering general new business requests
- Works with the Talent team to recruit high calibre junior level candidates into the team
- Ensures that all activity and results are reported back to the client, providing insight and analysis across all aspects of the account
- Communicates account performance internally (account reviews) and provides strategic advice to the client based on measurable analytics
- Takes a proactive role in promoting the LEWIS brand, its work, identity and values
- Supports the HR / talent team by promoting both internal and external opportunities at LEWIS across social media and via the referral scheme
- Relevant experience of working in a B2B, corporate, consumer or digital communications agency environment at an Account Manager or Senior Account Manager level
- Understanding of client business issues and requirements
- Understanding of the local market and opportunities for growth
- Strong project management skills with an ability to plan and prioritise
- A persuasive and convincing writing style
- Excellent general knowledge of and a keen interest in current affairs
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Calmness under pressure and ability to achieve tight deadlines
- Ability to interact confidently with clients at a senior level
- Ability to troubleshoot team and client problem areas – and suggest a remedial course of action
- Creative thinking and an open minded approach
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.