Director, Marketing (US)
TEAM LEWIS is a global marketing agency built to help and inspire brands to grow. It provides a full spectrum of marketing, communications, and digital services to deliver tangible business impact for clients. The company has over 650 staff across 24 offices throughout Asia, Europe and North America.
We rank among the top 40 agencies worldwide. We’ve built on our legacy of working with some of the world’s most innovative technology businesses to create a global marketing agency driven to deliver creative excellence and communications without boundaries. Brand and reputational strategy fuel our desire to transform how businesses devise and execute communications. In any channel. In any medium. On any platform. We like to call it multiversing. As a wholly owned network of 24 global offices, we cultivate a diversity of thought and empower action across all geographies and teams.
At the heart of the business is TEAM LEWIS Foundation. In January 2021, there was a need to respond to the challenges the COVID pandemic brought to communities and charitable organizations. TEAM LEWIS saw that support was crucial and change was essential to make that happen. Every member of TEAM LEWIS can nominate a local cause close to their heart to receive a cash donation. In addition, nominated causes can also benefit from a donation in kind of expertise, time, and resources. In the past year TEAM LEWIS has donated almost $2million to causes around the world.
The past two years have been an incredible time of growth for us, and we continue to focus on what the future can be.
TEAM LEWIS is seeking a Director of US Marketing to lead our internal marketing and communications activity, with responsibility for the vision, leadership and execution of the regional US marketing plan. Having an international mindset and approach, the role will work closely with colleagues across the TEAM LEWIS global network. This is an opportunity that will suit an ambitious professional who relishes the chance to help grow a business, thrives on challenges and working in a fast paced, international environment. With a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you understand how to best apply this spirit to a growing independent global organization.
Purpose of the role
The Director of Marketing leads on all US marketing activity including: Reinforcing the agency global brand and developing local positioning, corporate messaging and external communications. This role must effectively deliver both short and long-term marketing campaigns to achieve commercial goals. This Director of Marketing is the lynchpin for developing all US activity to cascade across the region.
- Collaborate on the global marketing strategy and develop the regional strategy to underpin it.
- Partner with the regional leadership team to develop the agency’s regional messaging and positioning in the industry in line with global.
- Identify, develop, present and help execute US driven campaigns to increase brand awareness and to drive business growth
- Lead and execute activity associated with launching, internally and externally, any new market/product/service/acquisition, including branding, communications and collateral
- Lead the creation (and distribution) of US assets and content such as white papers, research reports, long form content, blogs, thought leadership articles and social content
- Lead one global piece of thought leadership and supporting activity per year
- Responsible for updating teams – and wider business – on upcoming activity and guidelines for execution and support
- Identify and lead on PR opportunities for the business, liaising with stakeholders as necessary to draft corporate announcements; manage distribution of releases globally
- Drive the creation and publication of industry-leading award entries and case studies; liaise with account leads and designers to ensure high-quality content and production
- Support and execute the launch of all major corporate news (internally and externally)
- Develop and implement a content strategy to ensure regular and high-quality content is produced and available to support sales and brand awareness - this should include audience definition and segmentation and channel identification
- Ability to manage and report on campaigns across several marketing channels and systems (paid and organic media, digital, traditional, CRM etc.)
- Working with the regional new business team, plan and execute a lead nurturing and generation strategy, including ensuring regular outreach to existing clients and prospects
- Analyze and evaluate results and data to make campaign and investment recommendations
- Evaluate, recommend and implement major marketing tools and systems
- Take overall leadership responsibility for the team, including coaching, supervision, assessment
- Be a cultural ambassador for the team and agency; promoting initiatives internally and externally
- 6-8 years of experience with at least 1-3 years in a marketing leadership role at a management level
- An ability to design and implement winning marketing strategies and campaigns
- Proven track record of performance within a growing organization
- Demonstrated experience supporting executive-level management and driving interdepartmental collaboration
- Exceptional communication ability - speaking, writing, presentation, and influencing skills
- Able to maintain a positive attitude in a dynamic, fast-changing environment and responds quickly to requests
- A metrics driven mindset and a focus on continuous improvement
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward continuous improvement
- Experience with CRM Marketing platforms
- Experience with web and marketing tools i.e. Google AdWords & Analytics, WordPress, CSS
- Understanding of SEO, web analytics, Google Adwords, LinkedIn and social media
- Experience with CRM software and digital marketing tools and techniques
- Skilled at winning trust and influencing the C-suite
Key internal contacts
- EVP US (San Diego) – line manager
- Global Head of Marketing (UK) – dotted reporting line
- CEO (London/San Diego)
- SEO Team
- Paid Media Team
- US Leadership Team
- Global Marketing Team (US, Europe, Asia)
- New Business Team
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
TEAM LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that TEAM LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.
#LI-hybrid San Francisco, U.S.
#LI-hybrid San Diego, U.S.
#LI-hybrid Boston U.S.
#LI-hybrid Washington D.C., U.S.
#LI-hybrid Chicago, U.S.