LEWIS is seeking an aspiring, dynamic wordsmith to be part of the launch of Singapore’s content hub. As the agency continues to rapidly expand across all marketing services, the need for a specialist team who understands multi channel dynamics and audience engagement has become even more critical. The role will report to the Content Strategist in Singapore and this individual will have an active role in working closely with the account servicing team executing high quality client campaigns across multi channels.
The company is an integrated creative marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Digital Impact, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
As a copywriter, you'll play a key role in content-first programs. You’ll work closely with the wider account servicing team, developing engaging content across multi channels, and using analytics to track results and impact.
You'll also play a role beyond client servicing from time to time, explaining LEWIS’s approach to content and designing creative programs that help us win new campaigns and promote the LEWIS proposition.
Copywriters at LEWIS have a strong working knowledge of journalism, public relations, marketing and / or design, as well as a passion for digital and social media. They thrive in a fast-paced agency environment and work on a wide range of clients, projects and brands. They are creative thinkers and find innovative solutions to achieve our clients’ business and marketing goals. Successful copywriters are perfectionists when it comes to the written word and can demonstrate an ability to think conceptually. They are able to wrap their heads around complex ideas and can translate it into language easily understood by multiple audiences.
- Participate in development of a content strategy for each campaign, working closely with account leads, creatives and digital marketing experts
- Work cross-functionally to develop impactful and cohesive content for each client online and in traditional media outlets
- Write compelling content in a variety of forms, including blog posts, infographics, social media posts and more
- Understand the client’s business goals and objectives, and translate their needs into deliverables and actions
- Be the guardian of the client’s voice and ensure consistency when developing and reviewing all content and creative assets
- Provide consultation and creative thinking regarding content and campaigns on an on-going basis
- Interview and develop relationships with key spokespeople, the clients’ customers and partners, and other subject-matter experts
- Identify creative opportunities within existing accounts, and approach problems from different perspectives
- Design creative content programs for new business opportunities, and participate in pitches as needed
- Attend agency and industry events to network, build relationships and spread the word around LEWIS’ content offerings
- Participating in new business meetings to pitch content services and work with prospective new clients to develop content ideas and strategies
- 2+ years’ experience in journalism, copywriting or editorial role
- Experience in creating content for digital, social, editorial. A journalism perspective is a plus
- Proven ability in writing, editing and proofreading digital and print content
- Understanding of traditional and social media, and current affairs and industry trends
- Experience dealing with editors, bloggers and online influencers
- You are a digital native, you understand the internet of things and you have an eternal love for consuming and creating clever content
- Collaborative, articulate thinker with the ability to take creative direction under pressure
- Calmness under pressure and ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Creative thinking and independent problem solving
- Time management and organization
- Acute attention to detail
- Positive, constructive attitude
- Polished and professional appearance
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.