Purpose of the role
The Creative Designer’s main focus will be capturing and powerfully bringing to life strategic insights, brand messaging and proposition, creative ideas and concepts. The role will help the evolution of innovative storytelling at LEWIS.
As an exceptional creative, you will work with multiple teams and help grow the creative standard of work across the agency.
Dependent on client and new business needs, the Creative Designer may also be involved with EMEA-led clients, as well as with network-wide assignments.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organisation and advance clients’ brand strategy
- Translate client brand guidelines into effective creative solutions using design, photography, video and digital content
- Generate and develop brand and visual identities for existing and prospective clients
- Hands-on execution of design projects including websites, infographics, app development, brochures, logos, branding, pitch presentation creative and other creative deliverables
- Provide consultancy on, and ideas for, LEWIS marketing collateral
- Lead creative sessions, project kick-offs and the selling of ideas to external and internal clients
- Work with internal teams to generate ideas for pitches and proposals
- Manage multiple projects from conception to delivery, including production timetables and costings; ensure workflow is logical and structured, delivering to deadline
- Bring a high level of quality control to ensure that everything that is produced under the LEWIS name is striking, creative and professional
You have 3/4 years experience of working in a brand, marketing or digital agency, producing a variety of designs on a range of topics. You are ever curious, passionate and constantly strive to produce exceptional work. You are driven to continue learning about your chosen field to enhance and expand the work that you can produce. Inherently collaborative, you engage your colleagues to achieve success for employees, clients and the business. High energy and dedicated, you are able to work at speed and deliver to tight deadlines. Experience of working in a fast-paced and changeable environment is essential.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web; must have an ability to storyboard or translate ideas to design and develop innovative solutions
- A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process
- Print and web design capabilities: must know how to work in both media for integrated campaigns
- Proficient with software such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Adobe AfterEffects, Adobe Premier or Final Cut Pro and knowledge of HTML, DHTML CSS, Actionscript, Wordpress and Drupal would be useful but not essential.
- Ability to take projects from concept to completion; apply best practices in user interface and interactive design, including image optimisation and site mapping
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to make evaluative judgments, take feedback and respond in a positive manner
- Ability to work with a variety of clients ( B2B/B2C, internal and external) to develop a concept
- Excellent time management and organisational skills: proven track record of multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and budgets
- A passion for design that extends to researching and learning in order to remain at the cutting edge of techniques and trends; connected within the creative community
- Integrity, humility, self-drive/initiative – and a sense of humour!
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where