LEWIS is seeking a brilliant wordsmith and a maker to be part of the Hong Kong team. As the agency continues to rapidly expand across all marketing services, the need for a specialist who understands multi channel dynamics and audience engagement has become even more critical. The role will report to the General Manager, Hong Kong and this individual will have an active role in shaping how the content hub integrates in, and adds value to the wider business.
The company is an integrated creative marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Digital Impact, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The Content Manager is positioned to develop an integrated approach to all forms of content across the agency. The Content Manager will drive best practice across the agency, pushing the boundaries of creative and innovative story telling. At its core, it will be fundamental in delivering the client’s brand and messages. The role, will act as an internal content evangelist, a client facing consultant, brand journalist and contributor to the business. Writing, producing, editing and campaign planning are integral skills for this role.
- Maintains strong relationships with content heavy clients, establishing self and LEWIS as an invaluable long-term partner for marketing and communications services
- Works closely with the client and Account Director to regularly review account performance, identifying and communicating opportunities for additional PR, marketing and digital services
- Interviews and develops relationships with key spokespeople, the clients’ customers and partners, and other subject-matter experts
- Participates in client events to gather information for upcoming content projects
- The role will take a lead in developing and managing content creation for clients in Hong Kong, with a view of ensuring that all content has the versatility to work across platform (where appropriate)
- As a maker, this role is focused on ideation and creation with great speed finesse and quality. This role requires a depth in the ability to string words into stories that inspire and empower, on point and creative.
- Act as the lead and project manager for content marketing campaigns (including, developing thought leadership reports, organic and paid social short form content, website copy, creative copy, advertising copy, press releases and opinion pieces)
- Act as an account resource to draft short and long form content for clients and for internal purposes
- Provides support, advice and creative thinking regarding content and campaigns on an on-going basis
- Build knowledge of business and technology trends to inform the direction of the content and provide context within writing style
- Develop strategic viewpoint on content focus, to act as a content strategist for internal and external stakeholders
- Works with account teams to execute on content strategies for each campaign, working closely with clients, account leads and other content stakeholders
- Works cross-functionally with all teams to develop impactful and cohesive content for each client online and in traditional media outlets
- Writes, proofreads, edits and polishes content in a variety of forms, including contributed articles (bylines), press releases, Q&As, blog posts, white papers, case studies, infographics, social media posts and more
- Attends agency and industry events to network, build relationships and spread the word around LEWIS' content offerings.
- Work with teams on developing editorial and content strategies for new business proposals
- Participating in new business meetings to pitch content services and work with prospective new clients to develop content ideas and strategies
- Actively contribute and sometimes lead on Hong Kong office initiatives across LEWIS marketing programs and HR initiatives
- Regularly attends LEWIS training sessions and proactively identify external training opportunities to enhance skills and develop knowledge across the broader marketing spectrum
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in journalism, copywriting or editorial role
- Experience in creating content for digital, social, editorial. A journalism perspective is a plus
- Proven ability in writing, editing and proofreading digital and print content
- Understanding of traditional and social media, and current affairs and technology trends
- Experience dealing with editors, bloggers and online influencers
- You are a digital native, you understand the internet of things and you have an eternal love for consuming and creating clever content
- Collaborative, articulate thinker with the ability to take creative direction under pressure
- Calmness under pressure and ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Creative thinking and independent problem solving
- Time management and organization
- Acute attention to detail
- Positive, constructive attitude
- Polished and professional appearance
- Experience working with insights and analytics tools such as Locowise, Meltwater, Trackrr, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Similarweb, Firebase, Global Web Index, YouGov, Socialbakers a plus
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.