Senior Digital Marketing Specialist, E-Commerce
About TEAM LEWIS
The company is an integrated creative marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Digital Impact, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
About this role
The Senior Digital Marketing Specialist, E-Commerce will be responsible for the management and implementation of client digital marketing strategies and paid tactical plans on the Amazon e-commerce platform. The Senior Digital Marketing Specialist, E-Commerce will work with teams and clients across the US, and report to the Digital Marketing Director, E-Commerce.
This is an opportunity that will suit an ambitious professional who relishes the chance to help grow something, thrives on challenges and on working in a fast paced, international environment. With a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you understand how to best apply this spirit to a growing global organization.
Client-facing skills, technical knowledge and strong organizational ability are important in this role, as well as the ability to integrate across teams and practice areas.
Purpose of the role
The Senior Digital Marketing Specialist, E-Commerce will work with the team deliver best in class paid media programs that leverage e-commerce platforms to our clients, from audits and strategy development, to execution and effective tracking and reporting. This individual will participate in all aspects of executing high profile and complex e-commerce paid media campaigns, including planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization, analysis and reporting. The Senior Digital Marketing Specialist, E-Commerce is often the lead day-to-day subject matter expert (SME) contact for their assigned clients, providing strategic recommendations, analysis, and reporting as well as responding to ad-hoc requests. This individual is a key resource for the Paid Media team.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Day-to-day planning and implementation of tactical paid media campaigns within the Amazon e-commerce platform
- Responsible for ensuring excellent client communication at all levels; defining KPIs, deadlines and service agreements
- Works closely with clients day-to-day to deliver and execute campaigns, while proactively makes recommendations based upon evolving industry best practices, competitor strategies, and benchmarking within e-commerce platforms
- Actively works with team to manage e-commerce campaign budgets to the clients’ weekly and monthly budget goals
- Manages, measures, and optimizes campaigns to meet established KPIs; analyzes performance data and provides intelligent insights / recommendations and appropriate action plans based on conclusions
- Develops relevant audits and innovative strategies/tactics for clients
- Works with team to develop e-commerce media plans (i.e. research, targeting, budget allocation, forecasting, network distribution) and build effective relationships with all vendors and platforms
- Works with team to collaborate with other TEAM LEWIS business disciplines (including but not limited to Social Media, SEO and PR) to integrate, optimize and cross-sell campaigns
- Takes a proactive role in promoting the TEAM LEWIS brand, its identity, values and work
- Supports the HR / talent team by promoting both internal and external opportunities at TEAM LEWIS across social media and via the referral program
You have experience working at a specialist/planner level or equivalent in a Paid Media department at a digital or PR agency, with experience specifically managing e-commerce marketing budgets on Amazon (and potentially other platforms such as Walmart and Target). You are ever curious, passionate and constantly strive to produce exceptional work. You are driven to continue learning about your chosen field to enhance and expand the work that you can produce. Inherently collaborative, you engage your colleagues to achieve success for employees, clients and the business. High energy and dedicated, you are able to work to tight deadlines to get the work done, all while fostering a fun and engaging environment with the team. Experience of working in a fast-paced and changeable environment is essential.
- 2-3 years of experience in Media, with a specialty in e-commerce
- Experience activating e-commerce marketing budgets on Amazon (including Search, Display/DSP), for premier brands and advertisers. Expertise in other platforms (e.g. Target, Walmart) highly desired
- Familiarity with all paid media vehicles (including Paid Search, Paid Social, and Programmatic) a plus
- Well versed in bid and budget oversight and management, content strategy, and planning
- Experience in building and managing day-to-day client relationships
- An analytical mindset and approach to problem-solving, with a passion for data
- Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent mathematical, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Fluent English speaker and writer
- Ability to learn quickly, and become skilled in industry-specific and agency-specific software
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Key senior internal contacts
- Digital Marketing Director, E-Commerce – line manager
- Vice President, Digital (New York)
- Vice Presidents, Digital Marketing (San Francisco and New York)
- SVP, Strategic Integrated Accounts (San Diego)
- SVP, Digital (Boston)
- SVP, PR (San Diego)
Remuneration and benefits
- Basic salary dependent on experience
- 20 days’ vacation per year
- Fully paid premiums for employee health, vision, life and short term disability insurance
- Partially paid premiums for dental insurance
- 401k with 2% contribution match
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
TEAM LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that TEAM LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.