Senior Creative Technologist
Job Title Senior Creative Technologist
Reporting to Head of Development
TEAM LEWIS is seeking an exceptional, forward-thinking Senior Creative Technologist with a user-centred approach to creating brilliant design experiences. The role reports to the Head of Development and collaborates with the Technical Director and Creative Director, digital creatives and other developers across the network to exploit cutting edge techniques for visually arresting and engaging websites, mobile applications and e-campaigns that surprise and delight users. This is an exciting time to join TEAM LEWIS as we aim to rapidly expand our development team globally, and its capabilities.
The role will suit an ambitious professional who relishes the chance to help grow a business, thrives on challenges and on working in a fast-paced environment. With a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you understand how to best apply this spirit to a growing independent global organisation.
About TEAM LEWIS
The company is a creative marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Digital Impact, Drum, PRovke, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
The Senior Creative Technologist takes a user-focused approach in building sites and software, working on new features and improvements. The Senior Creative Technologist builds prototype systems that meet the required quality standards and requirements, and finds and addresses performance issues prior to releasing the finished product to the backend team.
The Senior Creative Technologist oversees the development of sites and software and leads on the latest processes and technology in order to build scalable, distributed, and fault-tolerant creative websites and digital solutions.
The role designs and reviews code for efficient front-end infrastructure and components. The Senior Creative Technologist supports re-use through documenting common frontend components that save time in executing future projects.
The Senior Creative Technologist is encouraged to put forward bold creative ideas, push the boundaries of what is possible and experiment with the latest technologies. This is a role for someone who wants to have fun in what they do.
- Identifies and keeps abreast of emerging technologies; identifies and communicates frontend best practices to the team, enhancing efficiency and performance
- Researches and evaluates new methodologies and technologies that improve the quality, reliability and performance of the frontend team’s site and software development systems and processes
- Builds Prototypes, functional wireframes and proof of concepts
- Mentors and guides less experienced frontend developers and works hand-in-hand with backend developers to build features and efficiencies for the end product
- Demonstrates high levels of attention to detail and standards of accuracy in all code deliverables
- Provides technical leadership and reporting to key stakeholders, informing on progress at key phases of site and software development
- Develops and progresses opportunities to diversify the development product portfolio, highlighting opportunities to expand the agency’s capability set
- Works with new business pitch teams to sell the capabilities of the development function
- Motivates colleagues, including Project Management and Client Services, to work together in the most efficient manner; inspires trust and confidence to follow insights and directives given.
- Collaborates with Design, Development, UX and Delivery teams
- Degree in computer science or a technical discipline and extensive practical development work experience
- Active member of the development community with an insatiable thirst for knowledge – knows what is new and what is on the horizon; open to change, excellent creative and problem-solving skills
- Experience gained in a web-based enterprise business or an international digital agency
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; effective interacting and communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Excel at working with ambitious and creative people; a collaborative team worker who is able to inspire and motivate people to succeed
- Demonstrable experience in delivering multiple large-scale projects (£250k+) concurrently
- Understanding of agency project processes, project control and delivery milestones
Experience of working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment; highly organised with an ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Advanced experience with an MV* framework preferably vue.js
- Advanced experience in HTML5, CSS3, SASS, SEO best practices, W3C and accessibility standards across both desktop and mobile web
- Extensive experience with WebGL, Three.js (or similar) and 3D
- Knowledge of React, Angular and Node.JS a major plus SVG animation experience with Canva/CSS3 Keyframes/JS animation
- Understanding of back-end programming concepts and databases a plus
- Knowledge of serverside languages such as PHP or .Net a plus
- Experience using Figma, Photoshop and/or Sketch in collaboration with UX/UI design.
Key internal contacts
- Head of Development (London) – line manager
- Technical Director (London)
- Creative Director (London)
- Executive Creative Director (Global)
- Development teams (Global)
- Head of Innovation (London)
- Head of Digital (London)
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
TEAM LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that TEAM LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.