PR Account Director (m/w/d)
To help continue its dynamic growth trajectory, TEAM LEWIS is keen to appoint a PR Account Director with experience in the b2b tech sector. This role that will focus on client retention and development to help maximise the company’s business revenue opportunities. With an international mindset and approach, the Account Director will advise and consult with notable tech clients, working with colleagues across the TEAM LEWIS network.
This is an opportunity that will suit an ambitious professional who relishes the chance grow a business, thrives on challenges and working in a fast paced, international environment. With a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you understand how to best apply this spirit to a growing independent global organization.
About TEAM LEWIS
We are a global marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. Our success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, PRovoke Media, ICCO, European Excellence, PRCA Digital, Digital Impact, Global Digital Excellence.
At the heart of the business is the TEAM LEWIS Foundation (TLF). A non-profit charitable entity, funded by TEAM LEWIS, the TLF makes grants to support individuals undertaking charitable activities and charitable organisations in achieving their goals. The TLF promotes social, cultural, economic and environmental innovation that benefits society. It aims to strengthen the bonds between the communications industry, businesses, government and non-profits. In 2021, the TLF granted $1 million to small and large organisations all over the globe. The goal in 2022 is to grant $5 million. Community charities are championed by TEAM LEWIS’ employees, who volunteer their time and skills to maximise the grants’ effectiveness.
Purpose of the role
The Account Director will be a senior lead on key German and EMEA tech clients, providing added-value consultancy and driving excellent and consistent service for client retention, growth and profitability.
The Account Director will help win clients and drive cascading of business across the network. In working on multi-market credentials, RFIs and pitches, the Account Director will forge strong relationships with colleagues and teams in EMEA to help secure and grow the types of clients the agency is capable of servicing.
As a member of the German senior team, the Account Director is an active contributor to the success of the business and will champion a collaborative, positive culture. Providing leadership and hands-on development of our people are important in this role.
- Develop close relationships with clients, providing added-value strategic consultancy and initiatives for retention and organic growth
- Ensure the delivery of excellent, consistent service and measurable business results to clients
- Drive proactive upselling of services and products to increase retainer and project revenue
- Promote the integration of PR and digital marketing to deliver a cohesive service offer to clients
- Manage business and operational elements, including client profitability, budgets and costs, resource planning
- Work on credentials and pitches, helping to develop the strategic insight, messaging and creative concepts
- Help recruit and retain a high calibre team – inspire and nurture a motivational culture
- Manage and motivate direct reports, setting and reviewing goals; work to maximise strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development
- Champion the cascading of German/EMEA clients across the global network
- Overall, be a collaborative, encouraging, supportive member of the German team.
Working for a PR or integrated comms agency, you are a strategic leader who enjoys counselling clients and are passionate about your work. You have been involved in winning and developing accounts as well as in the retention and organic growth of existing clients. Dynamic, assertive and influential, you are a charismatic leader with the skills and aptitude to coach and motivate a team, which is currently working remotely, top to bottom. Passionate about breaking new ground to lead progress, you are comfortable talking about integrated marketing solutions involving creative, digital, demand generation, media, reputation management. Experience of working in a fast paced, international environment, and with international teams, is beneficial.
- Agency experience integrating PR with digital marketing, content and broader marketing activities
- Expertise in b2b tech; worked on international tech clients
- High level of business acumen, including successful commercial management
- Proven track record of exceeding goals; evidence of consistently making good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience and judgment
- Excel at managing and motivating bright and ambitious people; a collaborative teamworker
- Knowledge of finance, operational/information systems, HR
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; an articulate and convincing presenter
- Ability to problem solve, project manage and multi-task. Will take charge of a situation and act
- Integrity, humility, self-drive/initiative
Key internal contacts
- Associate Director (Düsseldorf)– line manager
- Managing Director, Düsseldorf
- Head of Tech Practice, Munich
- Vice President, France & Germany (Brussels)
Any questions? Please contact Gesa Koller (+49 (0) 211 88247615)
***TEAM LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.***
#LI-hybrid Munich, Germany
#LI-hybrid Düsseldorf, Germany