Advertising Account Executive
The Midwest Messenger is looking for a sales rock star who is an energetic, self-motivated individual to help grow our business. The right person will work extensively with business owners to develop advertising plans, including both print and digital to grow their business. We are looking for someone that has excellent communication and presentation skills, and is self-motivated and highly organized.
Previous advertising or media sales experience is preferred, but not required. Candidates should enjoy working with people, be goal-oriented and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. We are interested in people that are able to brainstorm and create new approaches to selling, and have a proactive approach in customer service.
- Ability to prospect and cold call to find new business opportunities as it relates to print and digital products.
- Ability to work under sales and deadline pressure.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills and ability to problem solve.
- Maintain a high level of commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Basic skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint are required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Midwest Messenger/Lee Agri-Media, a division of Lee Enterprises, offers excellent earnings potential and a full benefits package, along with a professional and comfortable work environment focused on growth opportunities for employees. Weekly base salary plus excellent commission opportunities. EOE.