Digital Subscription Product Manager - Remote
TownNews equips local media organizations with the digital services and guidance to transform their business models and flourish in the digital age. We are looking for an experienced Product Manager for our Digital Subscription Product as an expansion of our Product Team. This role, working with our customer base and Sales Team, will be responsible for the continued evolution of our Digital Subscription Product, workflow and third party integrations. In the execution of these strategies the Product Manager will work to define product requirements and work internally with the Software Development Teams and QA to ensure that client needs are met and projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Keep up with industry trends and customer feedback to identify and define scope for product improvements.
- Help Quality Assurance testers during QA phase and answer questions as needed.
- Maintain product roadmap to provide transparency into strategic vision for improvements.
- Coordinate internal and external product launches working with Marketing Support and Training teams.
- Help develop and deploy key market messages and communication strategies for the product line with the Marketing Support team. (Including Release Notes, demonstrations, and Improvement Reports.)
- Develop and when necessary deliver concise and meaningful presentations for internal and external audiences, including education and training of sales staff, training of support groups, train the trainer programs, and presentations at trade shows, and key customer accounts.
- Work with our Data Team to establish a data model for successful Digital Subscription programs.
- Act as liaison between Sales, Client Services, Marketing Support, and Technology teams to support product positioning and customer demand as part of new product development.
- Work with the Training team to develop product training plans internally and externally.
- Consult with the Client Services team to ensure appropriate service levels for the product line.
- Act as a product champion within the company.
- Create and maintain profit and loss proforma.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience
- Experience with Digital Media Subscription program management and analytics tools and processes that support the program
- Experience with external payment payment systems and digital wallet services
- Demonstrated success in defining, managing, and launching products and services
- A technical background, with knowledge of online media websites
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write compelling product outlines and documentation, lead and participate in webinars, podcasts
- Ability to influence and work with cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Experience with web design, web programming, content management systems, video and over-the-top systems, as well as online marketing
Can work remote or in our local office.
TownNews.com offers a chance to be creative, working with an innovative team in a relaxed atmosphere.
TownNews.com provides services for more than 1500 newspapers nationwide. It is majority owned by Lee Enterprises.