Web Developer - Digital Products and Development
Are you ready to lead change? Lee Enterprises is a media publisher in 77 markets in 26 states. The digital division is expanding to provide emerging news and advertising platforms for our communities.
You will be responsible for designing and building/coding websites for our sites – from layout to function. You will be working closely with our talented team of Developers and Designers, Project Managers who collaborate on each project to maintain sites and features by using user-friendly design and clear navigation. An understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment is preferred.
A successful candidate will have:
- The ability to multi-task and be an organized self-starter
- Solid troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software
- Previous customer service experience
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, while accurately setting and meeting deadlines
- Problem solving skills with the ability to think outside the box
- Experience manipulating and customizing CMS themes
- Comfortable adding/troubleshooting various CMS plugins and add-ons
- Bachelor’s degree; 2-5 years of experience providing application and IT support
- Knowledge of CMS Platforms Experience in media, digital and/or business development
- Ability to prioritize issues and work at an efficient pace, which may include multi-tasking
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, & WordPress (or other CMS applications like Drupal or Joomla)
- Strong work ethic and an extraordinary attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and effectively with a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills