Major Accounts Executive
Madison.com, Amplified Digital, and the Wisconsin State Journal, an award-winning daily newspaper and full-service digital media company in Madison, WI is seeking a Major Accounts Executive to join our talented staff. You'll be part of an enthusiastic sales team while serving as the primary interface for the entire print & digital portfolio of products and services; creating demand for the organization's products and services through a data-driven analytical approach.
- Identify opportunities for incremental revenue generation, present creative solutions to customers, and close business to achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for capitalizing on existing business via face-to-face customer meetings and other communications approaches which are intended to increase profitable revenue via strategic, multimedia multi-platform program sales.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of the marketplace, customers' business models and objectives, competitors, and print and digital offerings.
- Ability to learn and articulate all print & digital product offerings and their value to customers.
- Build and maintain effective long-term relationships and a high level of satisfaction with key senior-level decision makers and influencers at an assigned group of customer accounts that may include major strategic customers within a geographic or industry focus.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Advertising concentration preferred)
- Minimum 2-3 years sales experience presenting to large regional and national organizations
- Demonstrated success in meeting revenue goals
- Broad knowledge of strategic multimedia presentations and the consultative sales process
- Industry knowledge of print and digital advertising products offered
- Excellent analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Creative flair and enthusiasm a must
- Requires ability to travel in the region for business calls and industry conferences
This is a full-time, exempt role. Benefits offered include medical, dental, and vision insurances; company paid life and long term disability insurance; company matched 401k; employee assistance program; and paid vacation, personal, sick, and holiday time. Pre-employment background and drug screenings apply. Apply online at www.Madison.com/workhere Location: Capital Newspapers.
Capital Newspapers is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to maintaining a workforce that accurately reflects our audience and expands our voice. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.