Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Traffic Controller directs traffic and helps keep the flow of traffic moving on a specific route and/or direction. This position might also require some minimal customer interaction. Attention to detail and ability to handle a high volume of cars is preferred.
Principal Job Duties:
- Greet customers and display a caring attitude, develop a rapport with the parkers in your assigned area.
- Assist customers in lots/garages and help direct traffic.
- Promote good customer relations by consistently showing a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, willingness to help at all times.
- Must work with or without supervision.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrates the ability to seek improvement
- Excellent team-building and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work in the elements - heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
- Ability to utilize two hands to hold flag and sign while directing traffic.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.