Business Development Associate
Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
Principal Job Duties:
- Prospecting new business opportunities, working both alone, with the business development department, and with the directors of operations and general managers.
- Networking, developing and building client relationship, leveraging those relationships into deals. Developing a networking pipeline and reporting said pipeline monthly to Director of Business Development.
- Building a pipeline of new business for the region, driving organic growth for all business silos. Reporting said pipeline weekly to the Director of Business Development.
- Growing into new markets throughout New York and New Jersey. • Assist the region with the business development, proposal, presentation, and transitions for new locations.
- Partnering with various employees as needed within the region for the preparation and timely submittal of proposals.
- Assist the operations team with the transition of all new locations added to the portfolio.
- Monitor, review, and analyze the market rate structures.
- Implement and complete other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from the portfolio’s operation.
- Additional related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- With Bachelor’s degree, 2+ years in sales role with proven track record.
- Without Bachelor’s degree, 6+ years in sales role with proven track record.
- Experience in sales with business contacts in the position’s region is strongly preferred.
- Experience structuring and consulting on projects for customers and clients.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and Office 365.
- Knowledge of SalesForce is preferable.
- Ability to network and cement client relationships in the field.
- Ability to develop sales strategies.
- Strong customer service skills and abilities.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimal oversight
- Ability to mitigate and overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude). Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Ability to stand and walk for a during of 1-2 hours at a time.
FLSA Status: Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.