Administrative Assistant - Arena District
Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the management team. The Administrative Assistant greets and creates a welcoming atmosphere for our employees, customers and clients by proving excellent service, answering all inbound calls, helping to resolve inquiries, complaints, etc. in a positive manner.
What will I do?
- Answer telephone calls promptly and provide excellent customer service for clients, customers, employees, applicants, and managers.
- Maintain office supply inventories and process orders as needed.
- Ensure that the front desk is attended and phones are answered at all times during office hours.
- Open and distribute mail on a daily basis.
- Assist the inventory department in creation of work orders and distributes and follows up with managers in a timely manner when necessary.
- Prepare weekly operational staffing plan.
- Manage the supply of office equipment, machines, or properties to the office.
- Schedules meetings for management staff as needed.
- Manages and maintains the conference room schedule.
- Responsible for agenda management, travel arrangements, meetings, and morning huddles for the management team.
- Manages the parking system operation post office box and ensures timely pick up of all mail.
- Coordinates the repair and service of office equipment.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, memorandums, applications, certificates, permits, and other materials from copy, rough drafts, and other sources.
- Receives, distributes, and organizes incoming and outgoing correspondence and files.
- Establishes and maintains filing systems.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- 2+ years in an administrative support role is required.
- Data entry experience is preferred but not required.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Excellent phone, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Bi-lingual abilities are preferred but not required.
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrate the ability to seek improvement.
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must submit to a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.