Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Event Staff members are the frontline personnel responsible for greeting, engaging and interacting with all customers attending events. The Event staff position will require cash handling, making correct change, issuing paystubs, etc. during events (sporting events, music concerts, political speakers, graduations, circus’, group gatherings).
Principal Job Duties:
- Meet and greet each customer with courtesy and great customer service.
- Collect the parking fees and provide correct change.
- Understand and know how to handle the different types of parkers i.e. tenants, visitors, employees, administration, etc.
- Understand the surroundings and event details in order to answer questions
- Accurately distribute tickets (proof of purchase) to each customer.
- Expedite the traffic flow in a timely fashion.
- Adhere to dress code – Must be able to work outside in any weather conditions (rain, snow, wind, heat, etc.) and be able to continuously stand for extended periods of time (3-6 hours)
- Follow all safety standards.
- Communicate with management, supervisors and traffic directors.
- Prepare and reconcile reports.
- Answer customer service questions concerning parking and the answer general customer inquiries in a courteous, professional and effective manner and refer questions to the supervisor when applicable.
- Determine traffic flow in times of equipment failure or during periods of construction.
- Will be expected to take direction from Managers, Supervisors and emergency responders during emergencies
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years in a customer service role
- Experience handling cash, conducting monetary transactions
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience working in outdoor/extreme weather conditions preferred.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Ability to handle challenging and at times, emotionally charged situations.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Must be able to work standing-up/on-feet for extended periods of time.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrate the ability to seek improvement.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must submit to a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.