Claims Department Representative
Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Claims Department Supervisor handles automobile-based claims in our NY/NJ Region.
How do you know if this is the right job for you?!
- You’re charismatic, full of energy, and happy to help in any way you can.
- Responsible is your middle name. You never disappoint because it’s not in your nature.
- Good under pressure. You don’t fold and get overwhelmed easily. Instead, you prefer chaos so you can kick its butt.
- Proficient in basic computer skills
- Able to work with or without supervision
- Able to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
- Timely and demonstrates sense of urgency.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Able to effectively manage your time.
- Lead the region successfully.
What will I do?
- Process claims throughout claims database.
- Communicate with customers effectively and handle releases.
- Broker a relationship between the clients and the autobody shops.
- Reduce overall claims in the Region by developing and implementing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Drive results throughout the operations team.
- Conduct Safety Audits to ensure locations are utilizing safe practices and point out potential safety hazards.
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Has a strong attention to detail.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Willingness to be flexible and mobile.
- Ability to handle challenging and at times, emotionally charged situations.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Must be able to make decisions independently and stay firm on decisions made (not easily persuaded).
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.