Front Desk / Receptionist
Sign-On Bonus: Up to $100
Referral Bonus: $100
Bonus for paperwork completed in 24 hours: $50
Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Administrative Assistant will be a polished individual that provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The Administrative Assistant will be dynamic, professional, proactive and outgoing. The Admin Support will also be responsible for receptionist related duties such as answering incoming calls, directing and screening calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, as well as additional administrative duties. The Administrative Assistant greets and creates a welcoming atmosphere for our employees, customers and clients by proving excellent service, answering all inbound calls, helping to resolve inquiries, complaints, etc. in a positive manner.
Principal Job Duties:
- Regular and punctual attendance is paramount to this position
- Able to dependably work a schedule of 8:00am to 5pm, with the flexibility to work earlier or later as requested
- Works well with others and is a strong team player
- Ensure that the front desk is attended, and phones are always answered during office hours
- Promptly answers telephones in a pleasant tone and while provided excellent customer service, directs the caller to the appropriate employee or department
- Will transfer a caller to an associate’s voice mailbox when the associate is unavailable
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them in a warm and friendly manner
- Takes and retrieves messages for various personnel
- Provides callers with basic information about the company such as address, directions to the company location, fax number, website and other related information
- Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail and packages for both the office mail box as well as the parking system operation post office box on a daily basis
- Successfully completes special projects on time and under budget
- Manages office supply inventories so that office is well stocked with supplies and equipment essentials
- Assist the inventory department in creation of work orders and distributes and follows up with managers in a timely manner when necessary.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, memorandums, applications, certificates, permits, and other materials from copy, rough drafts, and other sources
- Establishes and maintains organized filing systems
- Other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- 2+ years in an administrative support role is required.
- Data entry experience is preferred but not required.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Excellent phone, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Bi-lingual abilities are preferred but not required.
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrate the ability to seek improvement.
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.