Event Parking Staff
* ARE YOU TIRED OF THE NORMAL 9 TO 5 JOB?
* WOULD YOU LIKE TO WORK SOME OF THE MOST POPULAR SOLD OUT EVENTS AND GET PAID?
* ARE YOU JUST LOOKING TO MAKE EXTRA INCOME?
If your answer is YES, WE HAVE THE JOB FOR YOU!!
LAZ Event Group a division of LAZ Parking which is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country is now hiring. Work a flexible schedule while earning additional income as you experience once in a lifetime event’s. Be a part of exciting concerts, outdoor music festivals, major sporting events, boat shows, car shows/NASCAR events and soooooo much more!!!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Event Parking Staff members are the front line personnel responsible for greeting, engaging and interacting with all customers attending events. The Event parking staff position is responsible for directing patrons into open spots during events (sporting events, music concerts, political speakers, graduations, group gatherings).
Principal Job Duties:
- Meet and greet each customer with courtesy and great customer service.
- Manipulate vehicles to take advantage of all spaces.
- Collect the parking fees and provide correct change.
- Accurately distribute tickets (proof of purchase) to each customer.
- Clean up debris from parking lot.
- Use hand signals and lights to direct patrons into open spots.
- Position or remove barricades to prevent parking in certain spots.
- Give directions to nearest highway or destination.
- Understand and know how to handle the different types of parkers i.e. tenants, visitors, employees, administration, etc.
- Understand the surroundings and event details in order to answer questions.
- Expedite the traffic flow in a timely fashion.
- Adhere to dress code – Must be able to work outside in any weather conditions (rain, snow, wind, heat, etc.) and be able to continuously stand for extended periods of time (3-6 hours)
- Follow all safety standards.
- Communicate with management, supervisors and other event parking staff.
- Answer customer service questions concerning parking and the answer general customer inquiries in a courteous, professional and effective manner and refer questions to the supervisor when applicable.
- Determine traffic flow in times of equipment failure or during periods of construction.
- Will be expected to take direction from Managers, Supervisors and emergency responders during emergencies
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Experience handling cash, conducting monetary transactions
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience working in outdoor/extreme weather conditions preferred.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Ability to handle challenging and at times, emotionally charged situations.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Must be able to work standing-up/on-feet for extended periods of time
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrate the ability to seek improvement.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Willingness to work in the elements -- heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.