Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Payroll Administrator oversees the administration of the region’s payroll systems. The Payroll Administrator is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of payroll and related client service, including record-keeping and reporting.
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of bi-weekly payroll for the region assigned. Maintain payroll information as required to include completing the scorecards for CA compliance and meal breaks, payroll correction forms and other payroll tracking items
- Gross to net calculation, audit and balancing
- Performs other payroll processing activities that may include manual checks (i.e. paycheck advances, retro payments to employees and processing final paychecks)
- Prepare and maintain related payroll records and reports
- Provides time and attendance support to field managers and processes payroll with the online time keeping system
- Research and resolve problems, perform scheduled activities related to payroll and assist employees or managers with payroll related situations that arise
- Prepare and maintain standard reports, queries, and conduct appropriate audits to ensure data integrity
- Records the accumulation and use of vacations, holidays, sick days and miscellaneous leaves of absence
- Provides prompt interaction with regional staff
- Provides back-up to other payroll associates of the inter-regional team
- Running bi-weekly reports and auditing of time keeping punches or errors not caught by the manager
- Meal penalty audit each week in correlation with Payroll Correction Forms and removal of meal penalties
- Entering all vacation and sick requests for each pay period
- Review and maintain employee profile information for all new hires, changes in status and terminations
- Coordinate health benefits enrollments, changes and terminations of employees covered under a CBA.
- Assist Human Resources and complete additional projects assigned by the VP, GM, HRBP.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience is preferred
- 3+ years of payroll experience supporting 500+ employees
- Intermediate knowledge and experience working with HRIS systems, ADP Vantage experience strongly desired
- Intermediate knowledge and experience working with Office 365
- Able to communicate professionally and effectively
- Able to speak, read, and comprehend the English language
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills
- Data entry with high proficiency in accuracy
- Strong level of attention to detail and organization
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and timeliness
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and otherwise move objects of at least 30 pounds
- Able to occasionally bend, stoop, and/or reach for objects
- Regularly spend long hours of sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Regularly move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly
- Consistently work on repetitive tasks using arms, wrists, and hands
- Consistently use hands and fingers to handle, control, or manipulate objects
- Consistently see details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Ability to express or exchange information, instructions, ideas, etc. by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the discriminations in sound
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.