Portfolio Manager, Hospitality
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. We often say, “parking is our industry, but people are our passion”. Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients.” When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
The LAZ Hospitality silo is a unique team within LAZ Parking dedicated to growth through operational and financial excellence. The Hospitality team specializes in Hotel Partnerships across the country and excels at developing relationships through training, human connection, and career development for our employees and partners.
The Spirit of the Position:
The Portfolio Manager, Hospitality supports the Director of Operations or General Manager with complete oversight of the financial, operational, safety and service-related success within their portfolio of hotels. The Portfolio Manager position does not directly manage operations for any one specific hotel, but supports a team of Area Managers, Hospitality Managers, etc., in achieving the above goals.
Principal Job Duties:
- Responsible for the financial, operational, safety and service success at their portfolio.
- Managing, planning, scheduling, training, and directing the activities of the portfolio management team.
- Ensure that increased revenue, controlled expenses, and customer satisfaction is maximized by maintaining the highest level of safety & service thresholds and initiatives that are aligned with the expectations of our various clients.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ensure daily stand up meetings and resume meetings scheduled by client are attended by either Area Managers, Hospitality Managers or Assistant Hospitality Managers.
- Ensure LAZ internal stand up meetings (Pre-Shifts) are held each shift through Hospitality Managers, Assistant Hospitality Managers, Supervisors, or Shift Leads.
- Assist with the management and development of the Hotel Portfolio team to accomplish annual and periodic goals/initiatives, while embodying and using LAZ Parking’s culture as a guideline.
- Identify high potential employees to support the organization’s continued growth, both within your region and outside.
- Actively participate in the recruiting and onboarding process for prospective.
- Ensure all safety initiatives from the National Safety & Training Manager, Hospitality are rolled out to new and existing employees.
- Any and all safety concerns are reported to the Hospitality Manager for review and suggestions on how to improve safety at your hotel.
- Drive service results and establish goals by monitoring and responding to results from LAZ Service Shopper Reports and hotel internal service metrics.
- Responsible for cultivating client relationships and business retention.
- Implement and complete other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from the operation of assigned hotel(s).
- Understand, implement, and deliver all requirements that are outlined within the contractual agreement between LAZ Parking and our clients.
- Responsible for planning and executing plan for the opening of new locations within their assigned portfolio.
- Assist the region with business development proposals and presentations, as needed.
- Prepare, review, and submit parking agreements within the market to the DOO/General Manager for completion.
- Responsible for claims and safety related training, prevention initiatives, and claims processing including claims investigation, client and guest follow-up, and compliant reporting.
- Responsible for overall financial success including audit compliance and ensuring the operation follows audit protocol.
- Responsible for payroll processing; ensuring sign off on hours in timely manner; collaborate with the local payroll department to ensure pay data is completed properly; work with Human Resources Business Partner to ensure proper wage and hour compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring LHIST data is entered daily and accurately.
- Responsible for financial management of assigned location ensuring adherence to budget and revenue enhancements as it relates to staffing, scheduling and operational expenses.
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Annual financial and operational reports as required.
- Preparation of budgets/monthly reviews of profit/loss for their assigned portfolio.
- Monitor, review, and analyze the market rate structures.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years in Management role.
- Must have experience managing P&Ls.
- Must be willing to travel to different hospitality locations on a daily/weekly basis as needed to support operations.
- Prior experience in the hospitality industry (Parking, Restaurants, Hotels, ) is preferred.
- Experience managing multi-site facilities is required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Previous experience working in fast-paced environment with high customer expectations.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehends the English language.
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrate the ability to seek improvement.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to produce and maintain an acceptable driving record and unrestricted drivers’ license.
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.