Security Guard Overnight- Events
LAZ Event Group a division of LAZ Parking which is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country is now hiring. Work a flexible schedule while earning additional income as you experience once in a lifetime event’s. Be a part of exciting concerts, outdoor music festivals, major sporting events, boat shows, car shows/NASCAR events and soooooo much more!!!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The primary responsibility of the Overnight Security Guard is to maintain a safe environment and free from unauthorized guest. The Security Guard(s) will assist the company in maintaining an orderly working environment by keeping event facilities safe and problem-free. This position does require a valid Florida Security Guard License.
- Identify potential crowd control issues and discover problems before they occur.
- Prepare accurate/detailed reports that could later be used for criminal/civil litigation(s).
- Maintain an accurate list of sensitive incidents.
- Regulate and control access points to sensitive areas, and provide escorts of unruly patrons when ejections are warranted.
- Follow LAZ procedures when on your post and working any event.
- Interact with customers, clients and coworkers in a friendly, helpful and positive manner.
- Work with and without supervision and follow direction of supervisors when requests are made.
- Know all direct post orders and responsibilities of the post and position you are manning.
- Assist customers with any situations that may arise.
- Assist other employees with maintaining a safe environment.
- Assist clients and customers with special requests.
- Weekend, evening and holiday hours are required.
- Reliable transportation to and from events.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Valid security license – Class D.
- At least 1 year of Customer service experience.
- Experience dealing with hostile and/or intoxicated patrons.
- Command presence/leadership skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Team player.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willingness to work in varying weather elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must submit to a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.