The Porter is responsible for ensuring garages and surface lots are maintained and cleaned on a daily basis. Interface with customers, handle disputes, provide effective communication between departments, co-workers, customers and clients.
Principal Job Duties:
- Ensure garages and surface lots are maintained and cleaned on a daily basis.
- Responsible for general maintenance of the garage and surface lots – sweeping, wiping down surfaces and equipment, emptying trash, picking up trash, changing light bulbs, painting etc.
- Assist with snow removal and management of winter upkeep (managing sidewalks and garages).
- May need to operate garage/floor sweeper and scrubber to ensure floors are clean and safe.
- Responsible for ensuring all daily duties on maintenance checklist are completed efficiently and timely.
- Greet customers using name, be responsive and timely with correspondence and problem resolution, and display a caring attitude, develop a rapport with the customer base.
- Provide vehicle assistance to customers in garages and surface lots.
- Assist customers as needed over intercom system, in lobbies, lanes, and in the parking office.
- Promote good customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help at all times.
- Assist with cashiering functions as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.