Doorman - Longwood Towers
Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Doorman greets and creates a welcoming atmosphere for our customers and clients at our hotel locations.
- Maintain knowledge of:
- Scheduled daily activities
- Daily arrivals/departures
- Features and services provided by the hotel
- Hours of operation for each outlet
- Assist guests and visitors into and out of their vehicle.
- Greet arriving guests/visitors; bid farewell to departing guests/visitors
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors
- Assist guests with loading/unloading luggage into and out of their vehicles
- Provide legible claim tickets to guests/visitors
- Open hotel door for guest/visitors
- Transport guests’ luggage form the hotel entrance area to the designated Bell area
- Provide guest with directions to the reception desk area
- Relay accurate directions to guests/visitors on inquiries regarding destinations within the local area
- Maintain accurate knowledge of local attractions and attractions to recommend for guest inquiries
- Secure taxis/transportation for guests/visitors.
- Monitor and direct traffic activity of taxis, limousines, and hotel/restaurant guests’ vehicles, ensuring a smooth and efficient flow.
- Ensure that all driveways are kept clear; that vehicles are not parked or left standing in illegal spaces
- Answer department telephone within three (3) rings using correct greeting and telephone etiquette
- Handle guest complaints by following the instant pacification procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Remain in assigned post position and maintaining appropriate posture
- Successful completion of the training/certification process
- Ensure all specific hotel standards are met and exceeded
- Maintaining a clean and immaculate work environment; includes glass doors, all brass appointments, cigarette butts, ash urns, etc.
- Should the Door person enter the hotel for any reason, he MUST remove hat while inside (if applicable)
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Hotel industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to drive a manual transmission
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness
- Demonstrate the ability to seek
- Excellent team-building and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 75 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.