Parking Enforcement Agent
Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Parking Enforcement Agent provides operational support through upholding and enforcing the local parking ordinances while assisting customers with parking needs. The Parking Enforcement Agent will accurately key vehicle license plates utilizing a Hand Held Ticket Issuance System to issue parking citations.
- Monitor on-street parking meters for vehicles in violation of parking ordinances by following an assigned route.
- Issue City/Municipality approved parking citations for vehicles in violation of ordinances in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Upload hand held computer to obtain current information required for work on a daily basis.
- Screen for parking placards and permits for special privileges within approved areas.
- Resolve customer complaints in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain and care for all company issued equipment.
- Assist with any special assignments and projects as requested.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 6 months of outdoor work experience is required.
- General knowledge of streets and directions is required.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
- Ability to handle challenging and at times, emotionally charged situations.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Must be able to make decisions independently and stay firm on decisions made (not easily persuaded).
- Willingness to work in the elements - heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time (95-100% of shift) - no sitting is allowed.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must submit to a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.
Please send resume to email@example.com