Human Resources Generalist
Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Human Resources Generalist supports the HR Business Partner for Illinois in establishing and meeting professional and compliant employment practices and is responsible for high-volume recruiting and hiring all front-line employees with the Chicago Parking Meters operation of over 150 employees and subcontractors. As a company devoted to promoting an employee-focused servant leadership culture, the HR Generalist will act as a liaison between the programs and initiatives originating from the Home Office and help to support the individual needs of our operational teams throughout the assigned markets.
Principal Job Duties:
- Handles day-to-day HR transactions and assists the field operations as needed.
- Aggressively fuels the application/hiring pipeline, including (but not limited to) posting job ads, attending career/job fairs, leveraging social media and searching resume databases.
- Ensures that all talent acquisition procedures are completed including requisitions, offer letters, candidate tracking and reporting.
- Accurately maintains dashboards and reports for all hiring numbers, including open positions, applicants, applicant sources and hires by location.
- Researches and recommends new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Develops and maintains a pipeline of qualified candidates for current and future needs.
- Supports the onboarding process, including hiring paperwork, background and motor vehicle checks.
- Supports the new hire process related to ensuring that employee information is accurate and performs employee maintenance in the HRIS system.
- Supports the administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs. Responsible for understanding, interpreting, administering and mediating any and all forms of inquiry that arise relating to human resources.
- Helps to coach and educate managers throughout the Chicago Parking Meters operation with appropriate guidelines on maintaining a legally-compliant workplace.
- Maintaining compliance with all state and federal laws in regions; updating forms, policies, procedures as needed in coordination with the home office.
- Manage leaves of absence including FMLA, disability leaves, others as needed in coordination with the home office HR and payroll.
- Acts as a liaison to the Home Office related to employee benefits inquiries within the Chicago Parking Meters operation.
- Assist with training, safety, wellness and health, employee communications for the Chicago Parking Meters operation.
- Responsible for understanding, interpreting, administering, and mediating any and all forms of inquiry that arise relating to executed Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Maintain an updated central repository of HR processes and documentation for the operation.
- Others related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- PHR certification is preferred but not required.
- 1-2 years Human Resources experience with emphasis on talent acquisition and compliance is preferred but not required.
- Strong employee relations, workers compensation, and benefits experience and practices.
- Knowledge of current Federal, State and Local laws.
- Working knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea sharing and creative problem solving.
- Strong customer service skills and abilities.
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching conversations with employees and managers.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.