Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Maintenance Supervisor will provide back-up technical and administrative support for the Operations Managers. This individual will be responsible for supporting the maintenance of various garages in New York and New Jersey. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for a combination of hands-on maintenance, customer service and supervision tasks; while serving as a leader for maintenance and operational compliance.
Principal Job Duties:
- Analyze and resolve work problems, help assist employees in solving work problems.
- Oversee maintenance staff and ensure upkeeping of garages, surface lots, designated LAZ locations.
- Manage, plan, schedule, train, evaluate and direct the activities of maintenance staff.
- Assist with keeping an accurate inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Note and report any safety condition relating to equipment or place of employment.
- Report all completed work performed to Operations team daily to ensure compliance.
- Process and issue assignment requested for maintenance repairs.
- Ensure that all staff are following Company Standard Operating Procedures as well as policies regarding professionalism, uniforms and grooming standards.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Education: Trade School Certificate with a minimum of 2 years related maintenance and or engineering experience preferred.
- Must be proactive with strong personal drive and proven customer service skills and must be willing to lead by example.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule.
- License Requirement: Must possess a valid state-issued driver’s license with current address and acceptable driving record.
- 2+ years in Management/Supervisory role.
- Ability to make quick, accurate repairs to machinery and/or work with an outside contractor as directed by the Operations Managers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, technical drawings, schemes and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak English.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Understanding of Environment Health Safety (EHS) including accident investigation, industrial hygiene, life safety, machine guarding, air permitting, wastewater, hazardous waste, property conservation and worker’s compensation.
- Client development and relationship building experience desired.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to utilize various power tools: drills, jack hammer, cutting saws and angle grinder.
- Experience with power washing/sweeping, striping, and commercial painting.
- Some knowledge of plumbing, electrical circuits concrete repair, and blacktop repair preferred.
- Experience managing multiple projects and project initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing priorities and assignments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; ability to quickly learn and use effectively other software programs, as necessary
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.