Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Bookkeeper supports the accounting department and operational teams in ensuring accuracy in reporting client financial information in a timely and accurate manner. The Bookkeeper reviews and approves reports and creates documentation that will allow for the efficient “flow” of information.
Principal Job Duties:
- Control All Tickets for Restaurants & Event Tickets. (Secure all tickets in locked drawer/storage, Order new tickets, & Track inventory)
- Order Chaser Tickets for the locations that use these for vehicle storage. These amount/sequence should be recorded in a Validation Log before being issued to the Restaurant Managers.
- Issue the Restaurant Managers their own spare ticket sequence. Check their transfer log daily to ensure any issued tickets to the field are recorded on the appropriate valet shift report. Also, refill their spare supply as necessary.
- Complete Paperwork & Ticket Setup
- Produce Valet Shift Report
- Stamp all Valet Shift Report using automated Date/Time Stamp
- Record Ticket Sequence issued in the appropriate section of valet shift report
- Record all information from setups in an electronic master file. (Track Ticket Sequence issued & Date/Time Stamp to ensure the correct valet shift reports are getting turned in).
- Check all returned Valet Shift Reports and Ticket Books for accuracy & authenticity. (Make sure all returned Ticket Books match the information recorded on the valet shift report. Ensure the returned valet shift report information matches the master setup file. Verify all used valet tickets are returned.)
- Generate revenue control report for all SMS & Flash locations. Match these reports with the valet shift report to ensure accuracy of reported information.
- Enter all information into File Manager and/or Location Recap sheet (maybe DCR).
- Please Note: All Locations are required to turn their paperwork upon completion of their shift. If any locations are missing, the Bookkeeper is to contact the GM, DOO, and Restaurant Manager.
- At the end of each month, the Bookkeeper should
- Compare each individual restaurants YTD numbers month over month
- Compare the current month with the same month of the previous year so that the DOO/GM can more easily identify any extreme trends.
- Reconcile the number of cars stored at each facility (a report provided by the storage facility) against the number of valet cars reported.
- Please Note: All Issues/Variances should be reported to the DOO & GM for their review.
- Basic computer skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Reliable transportation to and from work.
- Should be able to work standard business hours.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience required.
- 1-2 years in general accounting or finance.
- Strong customer and/or client service experience.
- Property management accounting experience is preferred but not required.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Strong customer service skills and abilities.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.