Event Staff - Seasonal
Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Seasonal Event Staff employee greets and creates a welcoming atmosphere for our customers and clients. The Seasonal Event Staff will have the opportunity to work events such as: private parties, weddings and receptions, anniversaries, mitzvahs, reunions, holiday and corporate events, golf tournament and event parking. While working s/he may be responsible for lot management, traffic control, point and park operations and/or shuttle operations.
Hours: This is the best part! S/he can work flexible hours based on his/her availability. S/he will be able to choose the events you can work when they are scheduled, and the hiring managers know how many individuals they need.
Principal Job Duties:
- Greet by/use name, be responsive and timely with correspondence and problem resolution, and display a caring attitude, develop a rapport with the customer base.
- Assist customers in lobbies, lanes, and in the parking office; help direct traffic.
- Promote good customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help always.
- Accept monthly and debit payments and process credit cards as needed.
- Must work with or without supervision.
- Assist with cashiering functions as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to drive manual transmission.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Cash handling experience is preferred but not required.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehends the English language.
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrate the ability to seek improvement.
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.