Vice President of Business Development, Healthcare
Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Vice President of Business Development, Healthcare leads the design, development and execution of business strategies across the company for the Healthcare division. As a company devoted to promoting an employee-focused servant leadership culture, the Vice President of Business Development, Healthcare, drives programs and initiatives that are aligned with our company mission while driving improved business results through operational performance and adding new business relationships for LAZ.
Principal Job Duties:
- Promotes and leads the growth of healthcare division to achieve business results.
- Builds a robust national pipeline of prospective new deals.
- Manages prospects through the sales pipeline to a successful close.
- Develops new relationships and continually maintains and strengthens current relationships/pipeline.
- Creates proposals for new business opportunities and supports regions/other leaders if/as needed with responding to RFPs.
- Initiates introductory and follow-up meetings and proposals as well as negotiation of contracts and closing of deals.
- Develops marketing initiatives and overall marketing and sales strategies for the division.
- Supports the VP of Healthcare by periodically attending meetings with clients throughout the nation, identifying and supporting with operational resources and ideas.
- Attends trade shows and LAZ sponsored events in support of the Healthcare portfolio.
- Ensure delivery of all requirements that are outlined within contractual agreements between LAZ Parking and clients.
- Collaborates with Regional Vice President(s) and Partners to maintain, enhance and expand local and national relationships.
- Additional related duties as assigned.
Service Line Development
- Identifies service product lines that are mutually beneficial for LAZ and the Healthcare industry to grow the services LAZ can offer to Healthcare clients.
- Selects and partners with internal and external people/companies/consultants to create a service line through creation of training, SOP’s and materials with support of the VP of Healthcare.
- Develops internal and external strategies to implement new healthcare service lines.
- Supports the development of marketing materials to market any new service lines.
Portfolio Management and Operations
- Manages current national healthcare portfolio.
- Manages national accounts to maintain and grow existing relationships.
- Drives a strong national brand for healthcare services.
- Supports VP of Healthcare by driving strategies to ensure maximum customer and client satisfaction.
- Manages, mentors and develops national leaders and VP of healthcare.
- Maintains a minimum retention rate (above 90%) across the portfolio.
- Supports LAZ Home Office and local Accounting, Administration, and Human Resources offices by holding teams accountable for daily, monthly, and annual financial, payroll, benefit, and operational reports that are necessary to complete deliverables outlined in the contracts between LAZ Parking and the clients.
- Drives the implementation of projects, programs and initiatives that may arise as needed to maintain (and maximize) client relationships.
- Recruits talent interested in career opportunities within LAZ.
- Coaches leaders on how to identify, rank and develop employees across all levels.
- Drives the use of data and benchmarking metrics for the portfolio to improve profitability and results.
- Works with operations teams to ensure solutions are delivered to support internal and external client needs.
- Liaises between executives/partners and leadership teams to drive company strategy.
- Innovates to assist in the development of new technology solutions.
- 40% of time travelling to locations across the U.S. in pursuit of new business and supporting existing business.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years in sales within the Healthcare industry
- 10+ years in operations management
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea-sharing and creative problem-solving.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching conversations with employees and managers.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization and with clients.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.