LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. We often say, “parking is our industry, but people are our passion”. Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients.” When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
The LAZ Hospitality silo is a unique team within LAZ Parking dedicated to growth through operational and financial excellence. The Hospitality team specializes in Hotel Partnerships across the country and excels at developing relationships through training, human connection, and career development for our employees and partners.
The Spirit of the Position:
The Bell Staff greets and creates a welcoming atmosphere for our customers and clients at our hotel locations.
Principal Job Duties:
- Transport guest luggage from the point of arrival at the hotel to their assigned room.
- Transport guest luggage from current room to reassigned room for room changes.
- Transport guest luggage from their room to the point of departure from the hotel.
- Assist in locating guest’s lost luggage or packages.
- Correctly tag, store and retrieve luggage from luggage storage room.
- Identify and explain hotel facilities and features of assigned room.
- Identify fire exit closest to guest’s room and explain safety feature of assigned room.
- Demonstrate use of room key to the guest.
- Place guest luggage inside room, on luggage racks and hang any hanging items.
- Identify and able to explain guest room features to include use of:
- Air conditioning/heat and thermostat controls.
- Clock radio/CD player.
- Honor Bar.
- In-room safe.
- Lighting controls.
- Bathroom amenities.
- Valet/Laundry services.
- Ice Machines.
- Pressing/laundry services.
- Emergency procedures.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of scheduled functions within the hotel to direct guest to correct location.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of attractions and activities to recommend for guest inquiries.
- Relay accurate directions to guest on inquiries of transportation within the local area.
- Maintain accurate log record of guest calls for Bell assistance.
- Answer Bell stand telephone within three (3) rings using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Handle guest complaints by following the instant pacification procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Remain in assigned postposition, maintaining correct stance.
- Retrieve guest dry cleaning/laundry from their rooms and deliver to the Laundry department.
- Deliver items to guest rooms promptly to include:
- Mail & Packages.
- Sundry items requested by guests.
- Gift items.
- Deliver morning newspaper(s) to specified guestrooms.
- Monitor and maintain appearance of lobby areas and luggage holding room.
- Successful completion of the training/certification process.
- Ensure bell carts are always polished.
- Provide shoeshine service when asked.
- Assist with valet parking if/when necessary.
- Assist concierge with directions and information questions.
- Pick up Concierge phone during peak times.
- Ensure Five Star/Five Diamond standards are met (where applicable).
- Must work with or without supervision.
- Promote good customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help at all times.
- Greet by/use name, be responsive and timely with correspondence and problem resolution, and display a caring attitude, develop a rapport with the customer base.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Providing guest room tours/show rooms.
- Assist Door Person with unloading and loading of vehicles.
- Place rollaway beds and refrigerators in guestrooms when necessary.
- Deliver extra towels, bathrobes and other items to guest rooms when necessary.
- Retrieve theatre tickets, flower and other items.
- Provide Concierge service when Concierge is unavailable or busy helping other guests.
- Assist in other Front Office areas as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Hotel industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrate the ability to seek.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Tipped
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.