At LAZ Parking our mission is to create existing opportunities for our employees and value for our clients. LAZ Parking is one of the fastest growing national parking companies headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut with regional offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, and Washington D.C.
Operating since 1981, LAZ has over 600,000 parking spaces under management in 24 states and manages in excess of $600 million in annual revenue. LAZ’s parking portfolio includes Class A office buildings, luxury hotels, hospitals/medical complexes, standalone garages, surface lots and valet sites. LAZ also provides concierge services, transportation intermodal, major entertainment/event parking, university parking and parking consulting.
The Spirit of the Position:
LAZ Parking is seeking a Maintenance Manager to oversee the maintenance operations under the direction of the Director of Operations to ensure 24/7 professional maintenance management through the implementation of procedures and preventive maintenance to equipment. As a company devoted to promoting an employee-focused servant leadership culture, the Maintenance Manager will support the programs and initiatives originating from our home office and help to support the individual needs of their operational teams throughout their assigned location(s).
Principal Job Duties:
- Lead, direct, and develop team of employees to accomplish annual and periodic goals/initiatives, while embodying and using LAZ Parking’s culture as a guideline.
- Identifying high potential employees to support the organization’s continued growth.
- Responsible for payroll processing; ensuring sign off on hours in timely manner; collaborate with the local payroll department to ensure pay data is completed properly; work with Human Resources Manager to ensure proper wage and hour compliance.
- Prepare daily maintenance schedules for Equipment Service and ensure employees check equipment to include proper operations, paper supply, accuracy of time on system clock, and over general appearance on a daily basis.
- Verify maintenance schedule for completed daily assignments.
- Ensure any service requests including maintenance, removal, and installation of equipment are completed with a timely manner and within our operating agreements’ timelines.
- Assist with keeping an accurate inventory of parts and equipment.
- Note and report any safety condition relating to equipment or place of employment.
- Work with operations team to ensure proper communication of maintenance and change in equipment levels to maintain operational efficiency.
- Ensure that all housekeeping duties are performed efficiently.
- Process and issue assignment requests for equipment repairs and maintenance and maintain repair logs.
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Annual financial and operational reports as required.
- Ensuring that increased revenue, managed expenses, and customer satisfaction is maximized by maintaining the highest level of service thresholds and initiatives that are aligned with the expectations of our various clients.
- Managing, planning, scheduling, training, and directing the activities of Maintenance Technicians, Maintenance Specialists and Lot Cleaners which may require compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Implement and complete other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from the maintenance of assigned location(s).
- Participate in labor contract management if applicable to assigned location(s).
- Implementation and completion of other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from assigned location(s).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years in Management role.
- 4+ years facility or equipment maintenance experience
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft Office Applications.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea sharing and creative problem solving.
- Strong customer service skills and abilities.
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching conversations with employees and managers.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, disability or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.