License Plate Inventory Clerk
Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The License Plate Inventory (LPI) Clerk operates vehicles equipped with cameras to capture the plates of all vehicles parked at the airport on a given day. This allows for the parking operation to monitor abandoned vehicles as well as provide customer assistance when requested.
Principal Job Duties:
- Operate a camera-equipped vehicle using a built-in system to capture and log all plates of vehicles in your assigned lot.
- Use a handheld device to record plates or VINs of vehicles that cannot be capture by vehicle.
- Ensure equipment is in good working order and that keys, cameras, handhelds, radios, and other items are secure at all times.
- Provide a detailed explanation and/or log when equipment malfunctions occur.
- Follow all procedures outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual.
- Assist the Supervisors to implement and complete other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise in areas related to inventory and/or recognition.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Parking industry experience is preferred.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrate the ability to seek improvement
- Excellent team-building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to produce and maintain an acceptable driving record and unrestricted drivers’ license.
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This employer participates in E-Verify