LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. We often say, “parking is our industry, but people are our passion”. Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients.” When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
The LAZ Hospitality silo is a unique team within LAZ Parking dedicated to growth through operational and financial excellence. The Hospitality team specializes in Hotel Partnerships across the country and excels at developing relationships through training, human connection, and career development for our employees and partners.
The Spirit of the Position:
The Bellman greets and creates a welcoming atmosphere for our customers and clients at our hotel locations.
Principal Job Duties:
- Greet arriving guests and retrieve their luggage
- Escort guests to their rooms, explain the room facilities, and sell the hotel’s various outlets (restaurant, bar, spa)
- Deliver luggage, messages, faxes, packages etc. for guests and to undertake various other requests in order to ensure their comfort
- Transport departing guests’ luggage from the room to the lobby, ensuring that the guest has verified that all luggage has been accounted for
- Ensure that luggage has been stored safely according to prescribed procedures
- Ensure that the luggage storage area is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Inform guests with savvy knowledge of hotel, its services, the city, and local ‘happenings’
- Be fully aware of what functions are going on in the hotel
- Provide gracious, attentive, and friendly service
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Hotel industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrate the ability to seek.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Tipped
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.