Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Banquet Manager is responsible for hands-on management and execution of all events at the hotel.
Principal Job Duties:
- Plan, coordinate, organize and arrange all facets of a variety of events.
- Check all room sets prior to each event.
- Meet with the Banquet Chef to confirm quantities of food items and timing of food leaving the kitchen.
- Inform staff of specific needs for buffets and receptions.
- Check staffing needs for upcoming events.
- Schedule staff for all upcoming events.
- Check inventory needs for all upcoming events.
- Conduct pre-function meetings to ensure personal hygiene and appearance standards of staff are met.
- Allocate stations and partners for staff.
- Review banquet event orders.
- Communicate with the meeting planner handling the function to ensure all needs have been met and to check for any last-minute instructions or changes.
- Be aware of all upcoming groups and major conventions over upcoming 90 days.
- Review assigned work functions for the entire day and the next week.
- Read all assigned banquet menus and ask if specific items are unclear.
- Complete all daily administrative tasks.
- Ensure that food is served at the appropriate temperature, and that the entrée is placed properly on table.
- For receptions, ensure enough food is available and any up-sell opportunities are met.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Responsible for payroll processing; ensuring sign off on hours in timely manner; collaborate with the local payroll department to ensure pay data is completed properly; work with Human Resources Manager to ensure proper wage and hour compliance.
- 3-5 years of experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related field.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 4 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day.
- Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and inspection tasks.
- Must be able to lift to 40 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.