Seasonal Event Staff
Schedule: Evening and weekend availability required.
Valid Driver License
Ability to stand a majority of the shift.
Ability to work within the seasonal elements.
The Spirit of the Position:
IMMEDIATELY HIRING Event Staff!!
Event Staff are responsible for ensuring the timely entry/exit of all parkers with the automated parking facilities, contract parking cards and other forms of prepaid parking cards/validations. IMMEDIATE OPENINGS!
You will be required to work at an automated location in addition to assisting with special event parking. This involves standing outside for a full shift and assisting customers at all the parking equipment. During this time of interaction with the customer, we expect you to greet with a smile and polite attitude. You will also help coach customers how to use the equipment for future parking. During downtime, the event attendant/garage ambassador is expected to clean the facility and do any light maintenance needed. The event attendant/garage ambassador is also responsible for the following items as well as any reasonable request from management.
How do you know if this is the right job for you?!
- You’re charismatic, full of energy, and happy to help in any way you can.
- Responsible is your middle name. You never disappoint because it’s not in your nature.
- Good under pressure. You don’t fold and get overwhelmed easily. Instead, you prefer chaos so you can kick its butt.
- Proficient in basic computer skills in the parking revenue control system
- Able to work with or without supervision
- Able to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
- Timely and demonstrates sense of urgency.
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
- A team player and can help motivate your team.
What will I do?
- Greet customers, be responsive and timely with correspondence and problem resolution, and display a caring attitude, develop a rapport with the customer base.
- Assist customers in lobbies, lanes, and in the parking office; help direct traffic.
- Promote good customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude.
- Assist with cashiering functions as needed.
- Oversee general maintenance of the garage – sweeping, wiping down surfaces and equipment, emptying trash, picking up trash, changing light bulbs, etc.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Cash handling experience is preferred but not required.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Willingness to be flexible, work multiple facility locations.
- Ability to handle challenging and at times, emotionally charged situations.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Must be able to make decisions independently and stay firm on decisions made (not easily persuaded).
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must submit to a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.