Operations & Marketing Intern
Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Operations & Marketing Intern assists with the day-to-day operations of the regional office including New Business Development, Human Resources, Marketing, Accounting, and supports the Regional Vice President while building valuable skills aligned with his or her studies.
Principal Job Duties:
- Responsible for special projects assigned by departments during time spent in their area.
- Assist with the preparation and review of proposals for new locations and contracts.
- Prepare summary statements for incoming projects and proposals.
- Create Area and Rate Surveys for all LAZ Chicago locations.
- Assist with system audits and any data entry.
- Contact with vendors and businesses that work with LAZ Parking Chicago.
- Coordination of event marketing and promotions around special events (i.e. professional sporting events, runs and walks, etc.) – will require some weekend work.
- Responsible for watching marketing trends (media, studies, economic factors, market research, etc.) and providing monthly reports
- General office support.
- Assist with any special events and projects.
- Other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program
- 1-2 years of prior work experience
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Exceptional organizational, follow-up and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills including phone and interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship-building skills essential.
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills; especially Excel.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrate the ability to seek improvement.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
To be hired, all candidates must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.